Thread:
Can You Jailbreak? Check Here

HacksDen Staff
    Administrator
    Blog Entries
    Mentioned
    4 Post(s)

Can You Jailbreak? Check Here

Little list to outline what devices can be jailbroken and on what firmware. Please note that jailbreaking and unlocking are different things. If you depend on an unlock for your iPhone, you may need to do additional research.

iPhone 4S

Spoiler

iPhone 4

Spoiler

iPod Touch 4th Gen

Spoiler

iPad 2

Spoiler

iPad 1

Spoiler

iPod Touch 2nd Gen (MC)/iPod Touch 3rd Gen/iPhone 3GS

Spoiler

iPod Touch 2nd Gen (Non-MC)/iPhone 3G

Spoiler

iPod Touch 1st Gen/iPhone 1G/2G

Spoiler

Last edited by ShadowSonic2; 12-04-2011 at 03:42 PM.

2. The Following 3 Users Say Thank You to ShadowSonic2 For This Useful Post:

HacksDen Staff
    Mentioned
    12 Post(s)
    very nice info there mate ive used jailbreakme on 2 ipod touches both 4th gen and its almost to easy to do lol
    Need any gfx making HERE is where to ask

Administrator
    News Hack
    Blog Entries
    Mentioned
    5 Post(s)
    I just got an iPod Touch 32GB (iOS5) and don't know anything about jailbreaking iDevices. From what I read, the iPod Touch and the iPhone run the same software, with phone options disable on the iPod Touch. What do I gain by jailbreaking my iPod Touch? Oh, it's a Christmas gift, so I wont see it for another 3 weeks, just getting ready ahead of time.

HacksDen Staff
    Mentioned
    12 Post(s)
    well i would down grade to 4.3.3 and jailbreak it mate, ive done 5 ipods/iphones and its just easy mate

HacksDen Staff
    Administrator
    Blog Entries
    Mentioned
    4 Post(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by stomp_442 View Post
    I just got an iPod Touch 32GB (iOS5) and don't know anything about jailbreaking iDevices. From what I read, the iPod Touch and the iPhone run the same software, with phone options disable on the iPod Touch. What do I gain by jailbreaking my iPod Touch? Oh, it's a Christmas gift, so I wont see it for another 3 weeks, just getting ready ahead of time.
    What won't you get...there's no untethered jailbreak for iOS5 (only tethered but here's what);
    - Proper Multitasking (Backgrounder), iOS' native backgrounder just freezes the app in the background or for a few minutes only, but with backgrounder, you can set the app to run with real background multitasking (actually working in the background) or set exceptions for certain apps not to multitask at all, etc.

- Enable Percentage Battery, pretty handy on the iPod Touch. Since by default, the iPod Touch battery measure is just a battery icon in the top right tray, you can set it so it has a percentage as well.

- Custom Skins/Icons with Winterboard. A basic feature not available on iOS Devices to this day; the ability to customize your icons (app icons, battery looks, etc) by downloading themes.

- Extended Tweaks. Tweaks that could extend the functionality of your device. Ones that come to mind are YourTube, an extension that adds a download button to the native YouTube app which allows you to download the videos as opposed to streaming (a bug still prevents it from offline viewing but it doesn't require load times for videos you watch often). To get around the bug and having to pay for the tweak, you could get the standalone MxTube but that's an app for itself (not an extension). Another one I like is the AndroidLock, instead of sliding to unlock then tapping your numbers, you slide to unlock then draw a sort of pattern (instead of using a pin). Another one that also comes to mind (paid app once again) is Barrel which allows you to customize the page switching animations of Springboard.

- Cool shortcuts; there are some tweaks that bring in cool shortcuts onto the iOS. Most notably is SBSettings, you simply slide across the top of your advice and a dropdown menu appears which allows to toggle WiFi, Bluetooth, reboot, etc without needing to launch settings to toggle or holding lock to shut down.

There's probably more but that's what I have off my head.

HacksDen Staff
    Administrator
    Blog Entries
    Mentioned
    4 Post(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by RobGee789 View Post
    well i would down grade to 4.3.3 and jailbreak it mate, ive done 5 ipods/iphones and its just easy mate
    He won't be able to downgrade. Since it's a new device with iOS5 preinstalled, he won't have any SHSH blogs, meaning he can't downgrade to iOS4, at all.

HacksDen Staff
    Mentioned
    12 Post(s)
    ahh ok then ill go sit in the corner and leave it to the pros

Administrator
    News Hack
    Blog Entries
    Mentioned
    5 Post(s)
    Well, I'm not quite sure that it has iOS5, just guessing. I do have a black iPod Touch, the white ones are the newest that are guaranteed to have iOS5, maybe the black one could have either iOS4 or 5, don't really know.