Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread:
GCMM r11 MOD.

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)

GCMM r11 MOD.

This is just a quick modification I made to the latest GCMM revision at gcmm.googlecode.com. As you may already know, this application isn't updated since December 2008, mostly because its maintainer, suloku, entered the university (afaik).

Most of the changes I made were necessary to get the application to compile with the latest libraries, so don't expect any new features. The full changelog since r11 is as follows:

• SDGetFileList() function in sdsupp.c updated to reflect the changes in DevKitPPC/libogc from the last three years (diropen, dirnext and dirclose commands were replaced with opendir, readdir and closedir, respectively).
    • Modified the MountCard() function in mcard.c to perform a probe on the GC Memory Card slot, to make sure it was mounted properly.
    • Improved the compatibility with GCS/SAV files with the patch posted by jcwitzel in December 2009.
    • The Makefiles were modified to include the zlib in the libraries section. It seems that the latest libFreeType PPC port needs it to work.
    • *Hopefully* Added compatibility with Official GameCube Memory Cards (see this). According to a friend of mine, it works with a 256 blocks Memory Card.
    • Compiled with DevKitPPC r24, libogc 1.8.8, libfat 1.0.10 and libFreetype 2.4.2.

Download (Wii version): http://www.mediafire.com/?64i5uc844f0jm7t.

Download (GC version): http://www.mediafire.com/?5o52lfv2barvovo.

Source: http://www.mediafire.com/?wdsanu4bim5pz3f. Feel free to modify my changes; I'm still learning C++.

EDIT: maybe I'll include USB support in the future.
    Last edited by PabloACZ; 09-26-2011 at 07:39 PM.

2. The Following 7 Users Say Thank You to PabloACZ For This Useful Post:

HacksDen Staff
    Administrator
    Blog Entries
    Mentioned
    5 Post(s)
    Sweet! Thank you for the contribution. Sucks when someone creates an app and it falls by the way side and doesn't get updated.
    Judge me by the content of my character and not the color of my politics.
    Feedback from my work: 1, 2, 3, 4

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Yeah, it really does... I've been trying to contact suloku lately in El Otro Lado, but he hasn't answered my PMs. I was actually trying to see if he could implement these changes directly to the SVN; that way, everyone can freely access the updated source code.

Administrator
    News Hack
    Blog Entries
    Mentioned
    6 Post(s)
    I was trying this out and couldn't save my game save for James Bond: Agent Under Fire. Other game saves like Super Mario Sunshine and Mario Party 4 saved just fine.

Just giving some input. I use an aftermarket memory card.

New User
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    So, today I wanted to backup all my Gamecube saves and came across this topic. However, I was far too lazy to manually select over a hundred saves spread out over a couple memory cards, so I made some edits to the program:

- R (GC-Pad) / 1 (Wiimote) now launches a "backup all" mode, where all saves on the memory card are written to the SD card without any user prompts in the meantime.
    - I came across a couple saves that had ridiculous filenames that refused to write to SD, so if the program comes across one of those, it'll now write them out as "illegal_name" instead of the actual filename.
    - Filenames written to SD are now prefixed with a number, counting up from 1 for every file written during the current session. I added this since I had multiple files that resulted in the same filename.
    - I also added a small check if the file was written correctly. If not, it'll retry. This probably results in an infinite loop when your SD card doesn't have enough free space, so ensure that I guess.
    - I also (quite shoddily) edited the image listing all the options to add the new option, it's ugly but does its job. Feel free to fix, I don't have Photoshop or anything here.

Have fun! Wii version is untested, but I assume it works normally. GC version works perfectly fine with Nintendo memory cards.

Gamecube: http://hyouta.ath.cx/stuff/gcmm_r12_GC.rar
    Wii: http://hyouta.ath.cx/stuff/gcmm_r12_Wii.rar (untested!)
    Source: http://hyouta.ath.cx/stuff/gcmm_r12_src.rar
    Feel free to mirror and/or edit.

7. The Following User Says Thank You to Pikachu025 For This Useful Post:

Administrator
    News Hack
    Blog Entries
    Mentioned
    6 Post(s)
    Yea, I saw some saves with odd names to them, I'll give the Wii version a try and see what happens.

Founding Member
    Retired Staff/Mod
    Mentioned
    3 Post(s)
    Make sure you're using the boot2 Wii, Stomp:

Quote Originally Posted by Pikachu025 View Post
    Have fun! Wii version is untested, but I assume it works normally. GC version works perfectly fine with Nintendo memory cards.
    BTW, welcome Pikachu --- are you a freelancer, me personally I'm unfamiliar with you or your work. Welcome to the site and the contribution.

Administrator
    News Hack
    Blog Entries
    Mentioned
    6 Post(s)
    Yes, my non-boot2 will not read backup games.

That feature of backup all saves is nice.

I did get one illegal_name, GW7E, which would be the James Bond Agent Under Fire that wouldn't backup with GCMM r11, nice work.

009-AF-GQSE-TOS_000 (Tales of Symphonia) - it either would not backup or I didn't try to back it up with the previous version of gcmm.

New User
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by nightstah View Post
    BTW, welcome Pikachu --- are you a freelancer, me personally I'm unfamiliar with you or your work. Welcome to the site and the contribution.
    In terms of homebrew, I haven't done anything yet. I am one of the coders for the Tales of Vesperia PS3 Translation, although I mainly work on tools for extracting and inserting stuff from/into the game files there.

Quote Originally Posted by stomp_442 View Post
    009-AF-GQSE-TOS_000 (Tales of Symphonia) - it either would not backup or I didn't try to back it up with the previous version of gcmm.
    What exactly do you mean here?

Administrator
    News Hack
    Blog Entries
    Mentioned
    6 Post(s)
    when I used the GCMM r11 mod that pabloACZ posted, I couldn't get the game save to transfer to the SD card or I didn't try to, I forget now. But with the version you posted I did transfer it to the SD card. Perhaps I should have rechecked with r11 just to make sure of my results.

The Tales of Vesperia PS3 translation looks interesting.
    Last edited by stomp_442; 11-13-2011 at 03:28 AM.