Page 4 of 4 FirstFirst ... 234

Thread:
NAND Gamesave Restore

HacksDen Staff
    Administrator
    Blog Entries
    Mentioned
    5 Post(s)
    How hard would it be to write an app to create that directory?

Sent from my DROID2 using Tapatalk
    Judge me by the content of my character and not the color of my politics.
    Feedback from my work: 1, 2, 3, 4

Supreme Overlord
    Administrator
    Blog Entries
    Mentioned
    14 Post(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by Krafter View Post
    How hard would it be to write an app to create that directory?

Sent from my DROID2 using Tapatalk
    I think I actually have a beta of an app stored on my computer somewhere that could do it. It was never released publicly because it was dangerous though. I don't have to tell you that messing with the NAND is asking for trouble, lol. I'll try testing it out later, then talk to the dev if it works. Don't get your hopes up though.
    "Macs are the Perfect Computers," said the Perfect Idiot.

(\__/)
    (='.'=)This is Bunny. Copy and paste Bunny into your
    (")_(")signature to help him gain world domination.

3. The Following User Says Thank You to JoostinOnline For This Useful Post:

HacksDen Staff
    Administrator
    Blog Entries
    Mentioned
    5 Post(s)
    If it is possible then this could open the doors to completely bypass any restore utility. Let me know.
    Judge me by the content of my character and not the color of my politics.
    Feedback from my work: 1, 2, 3, 4

Founding Member
    Developer

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    When you install a save to a wii, obviously you need to have a folder for it. In order to create the folder, you ned to know what attributes it 'should' have. Theres stuff like the uid, gid, and different w/r access. You can add the uid yourself to the uid.sys like IOS would normally do. And you can take a guess at the w/r permissions, or just give full rw to everybody like savemanager does (which obviously works, but is still not 'correct'). If you have a data.bin created by the system menu itself, it will contain the w/r attributes for each file contained in the save. After you do those, you are left with the gid.

This gid basically puts all the games from a single developer into the same group. And what you end up with is that a company can create 2 games, and one game can access the save data of their other game, while still keeping other games from being able to access that data. You can just pull a random gid out of your ass, and as long as you use lax w/r permissions, you probably wont even notice side effects. But you would still be wrong. And It would not be the same as if you had played the game and the files/folders were created by IOS like they would normally be.

So, where does the gid come from? Every company gets a 2 letter ID from nintendo. And in the TMD for every game, there is a gid. The gid is the hex representation of that 2 letter ID. You can also find a pretty good list of those gid in wiitdb.xml. As long as the save is for a real game and not a homebrew one, you can probably trust the list in wiitdb (i dont think anybody has actually compared the gid in the nand against their list so i cant say for sure). If you have the TMD that goes along with the save, then it should be more accurate.

Basically if you have the TMD and a data.bin created by the system menu, then you should be able to install the save exactly like it would be if the game or system menu had put it on the wii. If you don't have the TMD, and you only have wiitdb.xml, I would say it would be correct at least 90% of the time. If you are using a data.bin created by (almost) any other tool, it will probably not contain the right w/r attributes in it, and you will have to guess.
    Last edited by giantpune; 01-16-2012 at 05:49 PM.

6. The Following 3 Users Say Thank You to giantpune For This Useful Post:

New User
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)

Question Problem :"the selected folder dosenīt appear to contain any save data"

hi i have a problem when i select the extracted dump folder its says "the selected folder dosenīt appear to contain any save data"
    there is my full procces my nand dump is a bootmii as ios dump i have boot 2 V4
    Captura.jpg
    i open SMW and select create common key and extract bootmii dump
    in 1min SMW creates a nand-extracteda folder
    qwq.jpg
    i copy savegave restorer to the main folder and i open it
    erererqer.jpg
    and i select "nand-extracteda folder"
    zxzce.jpg
    annnnnd booom
    https://grmvxa.blu.livefilestore.com...err.PNG?psid=1
    sorry i cannot upload more pics
    i need to restore this data because before my old wii gets bricked i extract a copy of nand
    and now i want to put or remplaze the saves on my new wii
    I hope somebody can help me
    excuse me for the bad ortography i speak spanish
    Attached Images Attached Images
    Last edited by setzer333; 07-25-2012 at 10:47 PM.