Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread:
[ROOT] All Things Android

Founding Member
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)

[ROOT] All Things Android

Hacksden nor I am responsible for bricking your phone, although this is unlikely to happen, follow this guide to the exact detail and you should be fine.

Caution - If you think something has gone wrong, DO NOT attempt a battery pull, as this can result in a bricked phone. If you have issues, post in this thread, or pm me, and I will be glad to help you solve your issue. If you are desperate, do some googling.

Always verify your MD5 sum after transfer to SD card.

Do not download a Rom, kernel or radio from a source that does not provide an MD5 sum.

Rooting Your Device

Flashing Roms/Kernels

How to flash HTC radio

Last edited by stmcmurray; 03-12-2012 at 11:58 PM.

2. The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to stmcmurray For This Useful Post:

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    A little question: what is a radio exactly? Maybe it is called different for galaxy s.
    Little tip: give a bit more general intro (what it does, why you would want it etc). But you have still great tutorials tough.

FUN

Founding Member
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Any one who has a rooted device that has flashable radios, would probably know what it is, none-the-less you are correct in saying that its a little vague right now, it is still a work in progress of course. Often times its late at night when I right these, and don't quite get everything I need in there.
    To answer your question, the "radio" is software that controls your connection to wi-fi/3g/4g. Some phones don't have flashable radios, nor need them, because there was no need for a new one, as the OTA radios worked fine, it wasn't really until android 2.3 (gingerbread) started getting ported to rooted phones well before the official OTA was/ or ever pushed, hence the need for new radios to function with gingerbread. Of course there are leaks, so the devs are able to pull these radios and distribute them to those who need/ or want them. Radios also function differently for better or worse depending on the ROM/kernel combination you are using. Thanks for the input as always swiizard, I hope this cleared things up a little, and I will add this to the first post soon.

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Ah okay. In the sgs community, this is the phone or modem. Hence why I asked. The way to flash them on an sgs is with the firmware (pda) and Country//Carrier Specific Code (csc).

FUN

6. The Following User Says Thank You to Swiizard For This Useful Post:

Founding Member
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    I plan on expanding to more phones, soon. I am most familiar with HTC phones, so after that list complete I will move on to other manufacturers. Thanks swiiz.

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Please S-off is htc specific. It ain't needed for other manufacturers, but there are manufacturers who also secured their phones (most time the boot loader).

FUN

Founding Member
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    So far this guide is for HTC, as I haven't got into the other manufacturers yet. As this guide grows, it will be changing structure and format, so please be patient, it might take me a while, but I hope this to be one of the best all in one guides around. I know from my experiences on the web, there are not to many multi-phone guides where it is loaded with how-tos for most phones. A lot of the guides on other forums can become confusing, because often times the author just cut and paste his guide for another phone that was similar, but all of the wording references a different phone. So this will be noob friendly and you'll know exactly which guide to follow. I just need to come up with different phones to test on, so I can make sure the guides are accurate. My wife, friend and I all have HTCs so that is what I know for now.
    Thanks for pointing that out though swiiz, as always I would like all founding members and/or admin to suggest or correct me, to help make this guide what I would like it to be.

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Cool, really looking forward to this, really want to root my galaxy s2 just have'nt found the right guide yet. :-)

Sent from my GT-I9100 using Tapatalk

PHONE - Galaxy S2
    ROM - Paranoid Android
    KERNEL - Siyah 3.2.6.4+

Founding Member
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Try this for now
    http://rootzwiki.com/topic/6051-how-...s-ii-via-odin/

Just noticed you sent that from an i9000
    Which model do you want to root?

Sent from my ADR6400L using Tapatalk
    Last edited by nightstah; 11-03-2011 at 01:22 PM.

HacksDen Staff
    Mentioned
    12 Post(s)
    His says the same as mine mate so it is the galaxy s2

Sent from my GT-I9100 using Tapatalk
    Need any gfx making HERE is where to ask