Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast

Thread:
How to connect to the IRC using mIRC!

Mentioned
    3 Post(s)

How to connect to the IRC using mIRC!

**********BEWARE**********, JoostinOnline now has powers

As you may know, if you have used that terribad client that pops up when you click you button-you wish you had something better. You may know of other programs, or you may not but all you know is you want to stop using that terrible button. This guide will tell you how to set up mIRC to connect to it, and to auto say a few commands on your connect. Please note mIRC is not free, you have to pay 20$ or you can use the free trial. The free trial expires in 30 days, and all that happens is that it slows down a bit. Two free clients that exist are Chatzilla, a firefox plugin that i may write a guide about later, and Trillian. Chatzilla is set up around the same steps, in this guide i give you almost all the information you will need to wing it if you wish to set up Chatzilla. If you wish to inquire about Trillian, talk to Joostin. This is also for thoose of you that do not believe you cannot connect to the IRC without using the webchat button. I will also go over creating a vHost below and registering.

Step One: Getting the Client.
    Head on over to http://www.mirc.com/ but please note, this guide is written with the latest version (at the time) and I am registered. You may click continue at start-up and proceed, i do believe there is no difference in the set-up process.

Step Two: Enter your username
    We are using irc.rizon.net, so theres a slim chance your username could be taken. Alright, after you register or click continue with the demo, a screen like this will show up. Of course, in the username spot you put your forum name so we know who you are. In the alternative, put an underscore incase your "ghost" is on and your not, so you can come on and talk and see when your ghost leaves. Both name and email are optional. Where it says server, under the email, it should be blank/ say something crazy. After you finish filling in the spot located by the red box, click where the yellow box is. We will be back to this later page later.

Step Three: Select the server
    *Sever subject to change, i will try to fix this guide as soon as we recieve information of the new server* Thank you Bad_Ad84 for informing us of this.

Looking at this, find the find the Rizon folder pointed out by the red box ( if you cant find it, you can alternativly press "add" and type in "irc.rizon.net" for the server). Then click the button with the funny yellow box to select it. It will go back to the screen in step two, click on the button with the blue.

Step Four: Autoperform

For this step, i made you a nice animated picture. The picture is going to loop, so start when you see that page that first shows up when you click options. Press where the red boxes are, and after red press the blue. The giant red box means type what you see there.(where it says password, pick a password you would like to use, this will auto confirm it is your nick after you register, which we will go into details later. If you don't wish to register, then you can skip that line.) Be sure to select "perform on connection" or Nickserv will bug you when you register. the /j #hacksden is to join the channel automatically when you logon, no need to type it in everytime you login. ( i am sorry the animation is a bit fast, on the perform page it should say
    Code:
    /msg nickserv identify yourpassword
    /j #hacksden
    /j #theflamepit
    Once again, i am sorry)

Step Five: Actually Connecting
    IF you have done everything alright, go back to the first button on the options tab to where you typed in your username. Click on the connect button, and Viola! were not done yet.

Step Six: Registering your Nick
    Now, you should register your nick so that other poeple cannot use it. Registering also makes it so you can use a vHost, which will be the next step although that step will be optional. To register type
    Code:
     /msg nickserv register YOURPASSWORD YOUREMAIL
    BE SURE YOU SUBSTITUTE THE YOUR EMAIL AND YOUR PASSWORD WITH THE REAL THING AND WITH VALID DATA! OR YOU WILL BE IN A BARREL OF FAIL! ALSO BE SURE TO USE THE SAME PASSWORD YOU PICKED ABOVE! Now, you will recieve an email from nickserv on the email you selected, with a confirmation code. When you get confirmation code , type in
    Code:
     /msg nickserv confirm CONFIRMATIONCODE
    once again, substitute CONFIRMATIONCODE with the one you recieve in your email, or nickserv will be yelling at you. Once all that's done, Nickserv will require you to identify everytime you login. If you set it up right, mIRC will auto identify for you, making there be no mess.

Step Seven: Setting up a Vhost

What is a vHost you may ask? Simple, it will turn your IP adress after your name from a mess to a funny remakr if you wish. For example, mine was a 26 digit mess of numbers and letters. Now, mine is convienetly links.r.us. So, after my name it will say
    Code:
    LiNkZoR@links.r.us
    Let's get down to setting up a vHost with the rules. Heck, why don't i just give you the Rizon link on how to do it, double posting what it says will be a waste of my time IMO. Take a read here follow the rules while you make yours, and be sure you type it in correctly. After you type that in, you will get a Memo stating wheter or not your vHost was approved, it should take around an hour for you to get the message. After that, it will automatically be on and you won't ever have to worry about changing the perfom on the begining.

mIRC has a few options that i did not go over, but i do beleive you can click on the other options and press on little boxes for what you want changed. mIRC has an option to autojoin channels when you are kicked, that is the biggest thing i would recomend you pick because of
    THIS IS NOT THE PLACE TO ASK FOR mIRC FOR FREE OR FOR HELP ON INSTALLING IT. THE BEST PLACE TO ASK FOR HELP ON INSTALLING IT WOULD BE mirc.com . IF YOU CANNOT CONNECT TO irc.rizon.net AND YOU GET BANNED WHEN YOU ATTEMPT TO, DO NOT ASK HERE, THEiR FORUM WILL BE THE BEST PLACE. ALL HACKSDEN CONTROLS IS #hacksden , RIZON CONTROLS EVERYTHING ELSE! WE (hacksden) IS NOT LIABLE FOR ANYTHING THAT mIRC DOES TO YOUR COMPUTER, OR THE PR0N LINKS THAT YOU MAY GET IF YOU JOIN ANY OTHER CHANNEL THAN #hacksden . I AM NOT RESPONSIBLE FOR ANY RICKROLLS THAT I LINK YOU THAT YOU MAY CLICK ON OR WHEN I FEEL LIKE ITS PERFECT TO QUOTE A FEW LINES OF THE SONG.
    <LiNkZoR> Never going to give you up
    <@Skellinator> ?
    <LiNkZoR> a line from rickroll
    <@Skellinator> i know that...was wondering why you said it
    <LiNkZoR> dont know
    <@desperado836> lol

Later Additions

Thanks to

Last edited by LiNkZoR; 04-13-2011 at 10:29 PM.

2. The Following 7 Users Say Thank You to LiNkZoR For This Useful Post:

Founding Member
    Retired Staff/Mod
    Mentioned
    2 Post(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by LiNkZoR View Post
    So who's gonna be first to invite WiiJohn?
    <innocent look>

Blog Entries
    Mentioned
    1 Post(s)
    That is not half bad maybe we should make a list of irc available programs?

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Excellent use of MS Paint Link!
    Last edited by Darkcide; 04-05-2011 at 11:30 PM.
    "Hackers solve problems and build things, and they believe in freedom and voluntary mutual help." - Eric S. Raymond

Blog Entries
    Mentioned
    1 Post(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by Darkcide View Post
    Agreed, if I were to follow this though I think my hands would cramp from moving my mouse in the circles like you have shown.

HacksDen Staff
    Administrator
    Blog Entries
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Your pictures need work, but this guide is definately needed.

However, IRC server is subject to change.

Also, on this picture:

You should change the "All Networks" to rizon by pressing Add, then selecting it in the drop down.

otherwise you will attempt to identify on all servers with the same password and attempt to join the hacksden channel.

8. The Following User Says Thank You to Bad_Ad84 For This Useful Post:

Supreme Overlord
    Administrator
    Blog Entries
    Mentioned
    12 Post(s)
    I offered to touch up the pictures if he would send me the original screen shots, but he logged of IRC before giving me an answer.
    "Macs are the Perfect Computers," said the Perfect Idiot.

(\__/)
    (='.'=)This is Bunny. Copy and paste Bunny into your
    (")_(")signature to help him gain world domination.

Blog Entries
    Mentioned
    1 Post(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by JoostinOnline View Post
    I offered to touch up the pictures if he would send me the original screen shots, but he logged of IRC before giving me an answer.
    In most countries that means NO! lol

Mentioned
    3 Post(s)
    It was the snipping tool, thank you very much
    However, IRC server is subject to change.
    I was going to ask you about this, if you ever came off of idle
    You should change the "All Networks" to rizon by pressing Add, then selecting it in the drop down.

otherwise you will attempt to identify on all servers with the same password and attempt to join the hacksden channel
    Thanks, i never realised you could to that
    I dont think i ever recieved that

12. The Following User Says Thank You to LiNkZoR For This Useful Post:

Supreme Overlord
    Administrator
    Blog Entries
    Mentioned
    12 Post(s)
    I sent it before you logged off, but only about 30 seconds before. If you have the originals, pm me for my email address. You can then send them as attachments then. Another option would be to use mediafire. I don't like sending attachments on the forum because they have to be "approved" first.
    "Macs are the Perfect Computers," said the Perfect Idiot.

(\__/)
    (='.'=)This is Bunny. Copy and paste Bunny into your
    (")_(")signature to help him gain world domination.