Thread:
Legend of Zelda Skyward Sword Guide

Administrator
    News Hack
    Blog Entries
    Mentioned
    7 Post(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by ThunderAlex View Post
    Hi. I'm really sorry I'm posting into such an old thread, but I could really use some help. No matter what I do, I can't get my Skyward Sword to load. It always just freezes on a black screen when trying to load the game using any USB loader. I've tried multiple ISO files. All other games work just fine.

This has been going on for a few days now. I've re-softmodded my Wii this morning, got all the newest versions, but it didn't change anything.
    I have installed cIOS d2x v6 with Base 56, I watched all the MotionPlus videos. ISO Reload Block is on. I turned Alt .dol off after watching the WM+ instructional videos.

I just really don't know what else to do. Again, I'm sorry for necroing, but I really need some help here.
    Post a syscheck so we can see exactley what you have installed on your Wii. Also, makes sure you are using the latest version of your USB loader. And, you should probably be using the latest version of the cIOS with the latest version of your USB Loader, try installing d2x cIOS v8, it's the last stable version of d2x.

syscheck - http://www.hacksden.com/downloads.php?do=file&id=149
    d2x cios - http://www.hacksden.com/showthread.p...cIOS-installer

You can also use modmii to download the latest version of d2x cios in wad format.
    Last edited by stomp_442; 04-07-2014 at 09:53 PM.

New User
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    I have remodded my Wii again to see if it'll work. Again, all other games work flawlessly, but Skyward Sword won't load.

Here's Syscheck:

Spoiler

Administrator
    News Hack
    Blog Entries
    Mentioned
    7 Post(s)
    Ok, other games work, does other WM+ games work, such as Wii Sport Resort? Double check your game settings and make sure they saved, sometimes people change the settings and forgets to save. See if you can watch that WM+ video again. You can also try to boot the game with IOS250, and try other settings too, make sure you have a PAL game backup installed and not a NTSC version, sometimes out of region games will not display correctly even when changing the region settings in the usb loader. If it's not loading then it's either the settings or the copy of the game is bad. Good luck with all that.
    Last edited by stomp_442; 04-09-2014 at 11:48 PM.

New User
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    So, I just tested Wii Sports Resort, and it doesn't work. There's no player.dol option for it, so I can't re-watch the WM+ videos when trying to boot Wii Sports. But I can watch them when I try to boot Zelda (player.dol is available). It appears as if the problem is with WM+. I'm not sure if it means anything, but I try to boot these with a Wiimote that has the WM+ inside.