Thread:
Hacksden theme for Settings Editor GUI

Supreme Overlord
    Administrator
    Blog Entries
    Mentioned
    14 Post(s)

Hacksden theme for Settings Editor GUI

The next update of SE GUI will include theme support. I'm just waiting for some people to test it, then it will be released. I'm going to include an example theme with it, and if anybody wants to try making a HacksDen one, I can use that instead. Let me know if any of you want to make one, and I will send you a copy of the beta and delay the release until it's finished.

Here is a copy of the beta for anybody interested in making a theme:
    http://www.mediafire.com/?uescuye59ukn717
    Last edited by JoostinOnline; 12-22-2011 at 11:21 PM.
    "Macs are the Perfect Computers," said the Perfect Idiot.

(\__/)
    (='.'=)This is Bunny. Copy and paste Bunny into your
    (")_(")signature to help him gain world domination.

Mentioned
    3 Post(s)
    So your telling me that a program normal people may only ever use once, is going to have a complex gui and theme support?

HacksDen Staff
    Mentioned
    12 Post(s)
    Ill cover this one for ya mate

Sent from my GT-I9100 using Tapatalk
    Need any gfx making HERE is where to ask

4. The Following User Says Thank You to RobGee789 For This Useful Post:

Supreme Overlord
    Administrator
    Blog Entries
    Mentioned
    14 Post(s)
    Thanks.

(\__/)

6. The Following User Says Thank You to JoostinOnline For This Useful Post:

Mentioned
    3 Post(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by JoostinOnline View Post
    1) It's not complex, and the nice GUI has been there for quite since the second release.
    2) postLoader fans use it frequently, if the postLoader thread is anything to judge by.
    3) stfour (the creator of postLoader) did almost all the work on theme support.

The basics for theme support were already there to begin with, since originally stfour intended to integrate this into postLoader. However, he changed his mind (too much work, lol) and we both thought matching the theme to postLoader would be good, since it is an extension to postLoader. That way, if you apply a theme to postLoader, it covers all aspects of it.

Edit: Have you ever considered being a little supportive? I'm doing this for HacksDen. There are a lot of things I would rather spend my time doing, but apps are one of the best ways to get links back to this site. I'm doing the best I can to contribute to HacksDen. If you don't want to help, the least you could do is not try and discourage me.
    I am supportive, or i would not have said what it thought about it. However, you make lots and lots of tiny apps that have a couple of functions -- that can be found elsewhere on the wii console itself. Also, all of these little apps do one specific thing, and you have a couple more that would be nifty if added to this. For example, adding the little power percentage to the bottom of the screen. And some people have problems with the eject button, that would be nifty if added to this, the only program i know that has a specific option to do that is a black screen that says ejecting disk.

Another example; this http://www.hacksden.com/showthread.p...region-changed. you said it would be grand to have it incorporated into another app, why not incorporate it in this?

All of this is great, more apps the better and you get more practice with what your doing, to make one of the top dog apps one day, but you have lots of tiny apps that i think could be incorporated into something like this without a hitch. Wouldn't you hate a usb loader that need one app to format the drive, one app to rip the disk, one app to mount the drive, and then another app to start it? Some may think im a hypocritical nazi, but all along i was trying to get you to see you have lots of tiny apps that would benefit greatly from being in a larger app, like this one.

HacksDen Staff
    Mentioned
    12 Post(s)
    i know nothing about making app but it might be difficult to do but its a good idea if its not too hard
    Need any gfx making HERE is where to ask

Supreme Overlord
    Administrator
    Blog Entries
    Mentioned
    14 Post(s)
    Edit: This isn't going anywhere, so let's just drop it.
    Last edited by JoostinOnline; 12-22-2011 at 10:45 PM. Reason: Removed the whole response

(\__/)

Founding Member
    Retired Staff/Mod
    Mentioned
    3 Post(s)
    I think Joostin does what Joostin can do. Incorporating some of the things you mention into All-in-One likely is beyond the scope or capability of Joostin. When a program tries to be everything to everyone, often it's the end user who suffers from something that tries to be too much and in reality, accomplishes too little. It's a nice idea, Link, it is --- but I don't think you're going to see it.

I'd also point out that civility is something to keep in mind --- I see it in both the back and forths --- but I've also seen it... turn into something else that shouldn't be on for public display. I'm not a coder by any stretch, and it seems Joostin builds his work on the shoulders of others --- to accomplish more than whatever the original author intended. I think that needs to be acknowledged, in and of itself.

Perhaps other things can be built into certain apps, perhaps not --- only time, relevance, competence, and experience can tell.

11. The Following 3 Users Say Thank You to nightstah For This Useful Post:

HacksDen Staff
    Administrator
    Blog Entries
    Mentioned
    5 Post(s)
    Well said on all accounts nightstah.

It's nice to have someone promoting our site in his work without even being asked or obligated to. That in itself should be recognized and welcomed. As a coder myself in real life, I know how it is starting out. It's impossible to start out with something huge when you know nothing to begin with. Take it in small bits and your projects will grow as your knowledge grows. Try and start out with to much and you will get overwhelmed very quick on wont get anywhere.
    Judge me by the content of my character and not the color of my politics.
    Feedback from my work: 1, 2, 3, 4

13. The Following User Says Thank You to Krafter For This Useful Post:

Supreme Overlord
    Administrator
    Blog Entries
    Mentioned
    14 Post(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by nightstah View Post
    I think Joostin does what Joostin can do. Incorporating some of the things you mention into All-in-One likely is beyond the scope or capability of Joostin. When a program tries to be everything to everyone, often it's the end user who suffers from something that tries to be too much and in reality, accomplishes too little. It's a nice idea, Link, it is --- but I don't think you're going to see it.
    It almost certainly is beyond me. I'm more interested in making new things, so I don't plan on trying it.

I'm not a coder by any stretch, and it seems Joostin builds his work on the shoulders of others --- to accomplish more than whatever the original author intended.
    Very true. I spend time looking for apps/features that people want added, but the authors won't do, usually because there aren't enough requests, or adding such a feature is much harder than creating a stand-alone app. ProgressiveSwitch, AspectSwitch, PowerCheck, and Settings Editor GUI were all requests.

I created Settings Editor on my own (Did I ever release that publicly? ), but it looked quite ugly. It had the same appearance as AnyTitleDeleter. I asked stfour for some help, and he gave it a whole new GUI (thus the new name) that matched postLoader. I made him co-author after that.

Perhaps other things can be built into certain apps, perhaps not --- only time, relevance, competence, and experience can tell.
    Everything I've made is open source, and if anybody feels like adding onto it, or implementing it into their own apps, I welcome it. In the Developers Network I posted a version of ProgressiveSwitch with very detailed notes on what stuff does, so anybody who is interested in homebrew can have something to start with.

Quote Originally Posted by Krafter View Post
    Well said on all accounts nightstah.
    +1

Quote Originally Posted by Krafter View Post
    As a coder myself in real life, I know how it is starting out. It's impossible to start out with something huge when you know nothing to begin with. Take it in small bits and your projects will grow as your knowledge grows. Try and start out with to much and you will get overwhelmed very quick on wont get anywhere.
    If libogc had been in java, I think I could have done a lot more on my own, but before I started homebrew, I had never coded anything in C before. I'm still confused on some stuff that's not a part of Java (pointers for example).

__________________________________________________ ___________________

Okay, so that's out of the way.

None of the beta testers have reported problems with this release, so I'll give a public link to the beta in case anybody else wants to take a shot at creating a theme:
    http://www.mediafire.com/?uescuye59ukn717

(\__/)