Softmod ANY Wii

HacksDen Staff
    Administrator
    Blog Entries
    Thanks

Softmod ANY Wii

This guide is no longer supported
    Use ModMii for softmodding your Wii.

Look here for ModMii - http://www.hacksden.com/showthread.p...Any-Wii-w-Ease!

Softmod ANY Wii
    Works with ALL Wii's, ALL Firmwares, ALL Colors, ALL Regions.

PASSWORD FOR ALL FILES: hacksden.com

WARNING: You risk bricking your Wii if you fail to follow instructions properly! The bundled software comes with no warranty at all! No one but yourself is responsible for any damage done to your Wii console!

Chapter 0 - Requirements
    • Wii with at least 350 Free Blocks of Internal Memory
    • All Gamecube Controllers, Memory Cards and USB Devices Removed!
    • 1GB - 2GB SD Card (No More, No Less) formatted to FAT32 (If issues occur, use this tool to format).
    • WinRAR (Windows) or UnRarX (Mac) to unzip downloads.

Chapter 1 - Installing the Homebrew Channel and BootMii
    Part 1 - Loading HackMii Installer
    Below are methods for loading Homebrew Channel on your Wii Based on what firmware you have. (See this video on how to find your firmware). If you don't know what the letters mean; U = USA, E = Europe, J = Japan, K = Korean.

Homebrew Channel Already Installed?

1.0 - 2.2 (U/E/J/K)

Bannerbomb: 3.0 - 4.2 (U/E/J/K)

LetterBomb: 4.3 (U/E/J/K)

Disc Exploits: ANY Version

Part 2 - Install Homebrew Channel and BootMii
    1. Read the Scam Warning and wait patiently for the "Press 1" to appear (can take up to two minutes), when it does Press "1" on the Wii Mote.
    2. Select "Install the HomeBrew Channel"
    3. Select "Install BootMii as Boot2" (boot2 may not be available, BootMii as iOS installs automatically)
    4. Select "Prepare SD Card"

Part 3 - Make a NAND Backup (MANDATORY)
    Once back in the System Menu, you will now have a new channel called the Homebrew Channel. Before we go further in, time to make a system backup.

1. Select Homebrew Channel from the Main Menu and then select Start.
    2. In the Homebrew Channel, Press "Home" on your WiiMote.
    3. Now, select "Launch BootMii".
    4. BootMii will load, to make a NAND Backup, use the keys (Power = Right, Eject = Left, Reset = Select) on your console and press: Power, Power, Power, Reset, Reset (or you can use a GC Controller to navigate) to start making a NAND Backup.
    5. Once done, exit BootMii and return to Homebrew Channel.
    6. Before continuing, remove your SD Card, insert it into your PC and move these files to a safe place on your computer. These are very important backup files!
    • sd:\bootmii\ (Copy Entire Folder)
    • sd:\nand.bin
    • sd:\key.bin

Chapter 2 - Hacking Your Wii
    Before continuing, FORMAT YOUR SD CARD AGAIN. That's right, format it again to FAT32. This isn't optional! Before proceeding, make sure you read the Requirements above and read this Chapter over and over!

1. Download the ModPack for the Region of Your Wii:
    USA - Download HERE
    EUROPE - Download HERE
    JAPAN - Download HERE
    KOREA - Download HERE

Unzip the the mod packs onto the root of your SD Card so your SD Card has a set of various folders and file in it's root directory.

2. Download the cIOS Pack and unzip it to the root of your SD Card again. If asked, overwrite any files!

3. Next if you want to update your Wii's iOS, Download the Update iOS Pack and unzip it to the root of your SD Card (4.3 Users don't need this!), and (OPTIONALLY) to update the Wii Shop Channel, download the Wii Shop pack and unzip it into the root of your SD Card. If asked, overwrite any files. (You'll be using these to update your iOS and Channels a few steps later).

Your SD Card will Look Like This

4. Next to verify your files are good. This is important as bad files can lead to a brick. On your Computer, go to your SD Card and open md5summer.exe.
    a. Select "Verify Sums" then click "ModPack.md5". It should verify without errors.
    b. Again, select "Verify Sums" and do the same for CIOS-PACK.md5 and IOS Update.md5. They both should verify without errors. If you get errors on any part, format your SD Card, re-download the files from Chapter 2 and repeat this step. If you don't get in errors, continue on!

5. Installing the .wad's.
    NOTE: If a WAD fails during this progress, try to install it again. If it fails again, Press B to go back to the Main Menu, select "Reload iOS" then Reload iOS236 then go back and try to install the WAD that was giving trouble again. DO NOT CONTINUE UNTIL ALL WAD's INSTALL.

5a. Start Homebrew Channel then press "Home" on the WiiMote and then select "Load BootMii".
    5b. Multi-Mod Manager (via cboot2) will load up.
    5c. Navigate down to "WAD Manager" and Press A.
    5d. Press '1' on the Wii Mote then Press A. This is a quick way to install all in one go. All 28 WAD's should install without error (VERY IMPORTANT!). Press Any Button to Continue.

NOTE: Make sure all 28 WADs Install, do NOT continue if you get any error! Also, note, NEVER UNINSTALL IOS OR SYS MENUS OR YOU WILL BRICK.

5e. Navigate to the "System Menu 4.1" folder and Press A, then press '1' again then press 'A'. All 3 WAD's should install without error! (VERY IMPORTANT!). Press Any Button to Continue.

NOTE: This is a version patched System Menu which runs version patched cIOS60. NEVER try to replace cIOS60-v54321 with iOS60-v6174. Never Update Accept an Update from Nintendo. Never try to screw up cIOS60-v54321. Failing to heed either warning can cause a brick! You've been warned! If you're updating your iOS and Channels, follow the part below in the spoiler, if not, skip past the spoiler and continue right after it.

Updating iOS and Shop Channel

6. Press 2 to load the MMM App Manager, once in there, select and launch the "HomeBrew Channel Loader". You should now be back in the Homebrew Channel.

6B. IF YOU ARE REGION CHANGING YOUR WII: DO THIS NOW

7. Now from Homebrew Channel, select and launch "Priiloader". This will bring you to Priiloader installer, read the warning, then press '+' or 'A' on the Wii Mote. Once done, you should be back in the Homebrew Channel.

8. Hold reset and keep holding reset until Priiloader loads. (If the Wii freezes, hold power for 10 seconds then try again, If Multi-Mod Manager loads, delete the 'bootmii' folder from your SD Card).

9a. Navigate to "System Menu Hacks" and Press A. From there, enable any hacks you'd like, I recommend enabling the following; Block Disk Updates, Block Online Updates, Remove Diagnostic Disc Check, Move Disc Channel. If you don't know what any of the other hacks do, then you shouldn't use it!

9b. Navigate to Save Settings then Press A. Then, press B to go back to the Priiloader Menu.

9c. Select "Load/Install file" then Install USBLoaderCFG.dol
    Your Wii is now able to block both disc and online updates, move around the Disc Channel and even auto-boot your USB Loader if you like.

9d. In the Priiloader Main Menu, you can set your Wii to autoboot the regular System Menu, Homebrew Channel, Priiloader or the USB Loader (great for kids!). Simply set "Return To" to Autoboot and the Autoboot option to whatever you want it start up to then it'll do so. For example, if you set it to Autoboot: "Installed File", it'll automatically load-up CFG USB Loader on boot.

Chapter 3 - The Final Step
    Format your SD Card for one last time, again, you must do this. Download and Extract this App Pack.zip to the root of your SD Card.

Boot up your Wii Main Menu and you will see the following now installed;
    CFG USB Loader - This is a Forwarder and loads a USB Loader off an SD Card or USB Hard Drive.

Backup Disc Channel - This is an Autobooting mod of Neogamma, which will autoboot discs. You can press any button while the game is loading to access the menu. It's a full fledged channel so doesn't boot from an SD or USB.

Backup Homebrew Channel - You will see a Channel with Black Waters named Backup HBC. This is installed as a backup to run homebrew should your Wii get damaged/brick and you need it. Unless you need to use it, do NOT use it. Never uninstall this wad (Title ID "MAUI"). You can keep it on your Wii or on the SD Card but never uninstall it. If you'd like, you can move it to the far right of the main menu (by holding B then selecting a channel by Pressing A). It's installed as a safety measure should ever need to use it.

Next, there are some helpful apps on your SD Card, that includes Homebrew Browser, WiiMC, CFG USB Loader and SaveGame Manager GX. Wii Homebrew also has many more apps to try. All Apps are installed to your SD Card or you can keep them on your FAT32 USB Flash Drive (no NTFS support ). Apps are installed like this: SD:\apps\appname\boot.dol or they won't load.

Loading Backups FAQ:

Credits

If We Helped You, Help Us Keep This Site Alive by DONATING!
    Last edited by stomp_442; 08-11-2013 at 07:39 PM.

HacksDen Staff
    Administrator
    Blog Entries
    Thanks
    It has arrived!!! Very nice guide.
    Judge me by the content of my character and not the color of my politics.
    Feedback from my work: 1, 2, 3, 4

HacksDen Staff
    Thanks
    Thanked 1,609 Times in 1,179 Posts
    Bang on job mate

Sent from my GT-I9100 using Tapatalk
    Need any gfx making HERE is where to ask

Founding Member
    Retired Staff/Mod
    Thanks
    Thanked 1,006 Times in 712 Posts
    Let the games begin (again)!

Thanks
    wow thank you so much for this wonderful guide! I was able to do everything needed and just got my first game to run. Thank you to all that helped make this so painless!!

Thanks
    This guide is the best there is.
    Thanks for sharing this with us, SS2. Your work is appreciated, for sure.

HacksDen Staff
    GFX Machine
    Thanks
    Thanked 1,060 Times in 673 Posts
    great work! best softmod guide there is right here!

Thanks
    Thank you so much for the guide. I was able to successfully softmod my Wii. Merry Christmas!

9. The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to Ions For This Useful Post:

New User
    Thanks
    This guide is the best

but i have a Q

before i do your steps in this guide ,

what i do in my wii if i tried before but not succeed

HacksDen Staff
    Thanks
    Thanked 1,609 Times in 1,179 Posts
    You just need to start from the first step and don't skip anything and you will be fine

Sent from my GT-I9100 using Tapatalk
    Need any gfx making HERE is where to ask