Thread:
hacksden collab thread

HacksDen Staff
    Mentioned
    12 Post(s)

hacksden collab thread

so in a bid to get more people in to gfx im gonna start this collab thread the way it works is you start a tag and when your done you post the psd file or xsd file (i think thats what gimp saves as lol) and then we give it a polish the send you the file back for you to post or add/remove/edit again and we can send it back and fourth as many times as you like.
    this may seem a little confusing but if you gave any questions just ask
    Need any gfx making HERE is where to ask

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    We should do an art worm.

Example: http://worm.bluesfear.com/index.php?...ns&action=view
    Last edited by Zerosyko; 12-30-2011 at 06:55 AM.

TotW Medallions

3. The Following User Says Thank You to Zerosyko For This Useful Post:

HacksDen Staff
    Mentioned
    12 Post(s)
    now thats a wide tag lol but yeah im up for it

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    BEFORE YOU ENTER

• Your signature skills must be at least somewhat decent. Though I'd love to see some fresh faces and new stuff around here, I also want to keep this looking art piece looking neat; and by that I mean, no REALLY crappy signatures. If you’re unsure of where you stand on the scale of noobiness to greatness, you can post some of your work beforehand and we'll tell you what we think.
    • Your transition, or the space between the last person's entry and yours, absolutely has to be smooth. If it's not, either I'll edit it, or I'll inform you and have you send it back to me when the job's done well. Transitions that aren’t well done will make this look sloppy, and that’s not what we’re aiming for here.
    • No matter where your graphic skills stand, a good effort should be put forth into your pieces. Don’t just spend 5 minutes slapping it together.

ENTRY INFO

• You can enter again once three other people have added to the worm since your last signature. (Your entry, #1 - entry #2, entry #3, entry #4 - now you can volunteer to submit another piece)
    • Your signature should be 180 pixels high, keep the width around 400 pixels at maximum. However, you can add more (but not too much) width if need be to offer a smooth transition.
    • Please don’t add text to your signatures unless you know how to use it.
    • No animated Signatures. They don't attach to the others well/at all.
    • Your entries should take no longer than 5 days to put together and submit; if you exceed the deadline, someone else will take your place until you offer to submit again.
    • Post your entries when you’re finished with them.

Good idea?

TotW Medallions

HacksDen Staff
    Art & Graphics Moderator
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    As much as I like the idea, having been part of one myself on another forum; there just isn't enough activity to make one here at HacksDen. I don't doubt the skills of our artists, I doubt their numbers.

A signature worm takes quite a few people before it begins to take shape, I'd say a minimum of 15 before it truly starts to look good. Here at HD, I've estimated we've only got around 8-10.

Perhaps in the future if we can get more participating artists it could work, but I don't believe it will at the moment.

As for the collaborations, I'd love to see some collabs here. Perhaps we could match up some more novice artists with more experienced ones(if you don't mind the categorizations that is).

Aure

7. The Following User Says Thank You to Aurelius For This Useful Post:

HacksDen Staff
    Mentioned
    12 Post(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by Aurelius View Post

As for the collaborations, I'd love to see some collabs here. Perhaps we could match up some more novice artists with more experienced ones(if you don't mind the categorizations that is).

Aure
    i agree with you mate this is what i had in mind when i started this, so people just starting out (im looking at you again nighty lol) could start a tag then get it finished or partly finished by a more experienced artist

9. The Following User Says Thank You to RobGee789 For This Useful Post:

HacksDen Staff
    GFX Machine
    Mentioned
    1 Post(s)
    great idea!