+ Reply to Thread
Page 3 of 3 FirstFirst 123
    News Hack
    Blog Entries
    Thanks
    Thanked 1,185 Times in 813 Posts
    did you try the r9 b48 fixed version, I guess the r9 b48 had bugs.

HacksDen Staff
    Administrator
    Blog Entries
    Thanks
    Just tried R9 Beta 49 Fixed;

Code:
    DVD Err(03023a00), Disc ID
    DVD+R/bad burn/DL Problem?
    Drive Date: 20080714
    Drive too new for DVD-Rs :-(
    Used a DVD-R this time that worked with the old Wii that I bricked and It gave that. Gave that same error with the GC game. What's getting me confused is why it's saying Drive Date is 14-07-2008 and saying its too new. It doesn't add up :/

Edit: I didn't ask him but WiiPower told another user;
    If NeoGamma says: "Drive date: 20080714" and then "Drive too new for DVD-Rs :-(", it means exactly that.
    Last edited by ShadowSonic2; 05-29-2011 at 04:30 PM.

News Hack
    Blog Entries
    Thanks
    Thanked 1,185 Times in 813 Posts
    Maybe Nintendo installed a refurbished DVD drive in your Wii.

I'll go see what mine says when I do the test.

edit-
    Oh, I had a GC backup in there since last summer? I hope the disc wasn't spinning all this time.

This is the error I get-
    DVD err(01023a00), Disc ID

that screen flashes really quick then displays this screen-
    Loading Game
    No Disc Inserted

I bought my Wii in the first few days of Jan 2008, so it was probably manufactured in Dec 2007.

I once was trying to play a DVD +R with some AVI movies on it, WiiMC wouldn't recognize it, I cannot remember if I set the book setting to DVD ROM because I had not intended to use it with my Wii.
    Last edited by stomp_442; 05-29-2011 at 06:00 PM.

HacksDen Staff
    Administrator
    Blog Entries
    Thanks
    I suppose that could be the case. Maybe it's refurbished. The Wii was a used Wii. It's BootMii/boot2. When I got it, the DVD Drive was borked (at first, refused to take DVDs). I changed the ribbon cable in it with the ribbon cable from my bricked Wii that was bought brand new in November 2008. It then began to work.

Founding Member
    Retired Staff/Mod
    Thanks
    Thanked 1,006 Times in 712 Posts
    Let me ask the obvious question here: have you tried the DVD drive itself from your bricked Wii? I'm guessing you're saying backups thus far have been unsuccessful with this drive. The refurb angle is likely correct, absent other logical explanations. You should swap out the drives --- perfectly doable on any pre-D4 motherboard Wii.

HacksDen Staff
    Administrator
    Blog Entries
    Thanks
    I'll give that a shot sooner or later. I believe last time, the white cable removed to fit firmly into the old DVD Drive's own (it fitted firmly into D3-2 and the old one's cable fit fine on it).

Not sure when I'll do it. It's not top priority. My asking questions was more out of curiosity.

I ordered an SDGecko a while back and the current DVD Drive functions so I can use CleanRip to copy my GC games to the Gecko and use Swiss
    Last edited by ShadowSonic2; 05-30-2011 at 08:40 AM.

Founding Member
    Retired Staff/Mod
    Thanks
    Up to D3-2, everything was backwards and forwards compatible with other series drives. This includes connectors, ribbons, and so forth. If you do an entire drive swap (recommended, as you have it and it's easiest) it simply involves unscrewing... 4? I think screws to remove it (once you're down to the drive itself).

HacksDen Staff
    Administrator
    Blog Entries
    Thanks
    Yup. I know. I've done this atleast 10 times playing with it before. I'll try again tomorrow (or maybe today?). Just remove the shell, unscrew the 4 DVD drive screws and switch it.

Ok. After a month later when I told myself to swap them, finally did it. And it works

Thanks.
    Last edited by ShadowSonic2; 05-30-2011 at 12:26 PM.

9. The Following User Says Thank You to ShadowSonic2 For This Useful Post:

New User
    Thanks
    Thanks alot for the guide but i might sound lika noob for this but I have a 3 part question. 1st-If my wii is too new to play dvd-r backups can it still play gamecube backups off of my sd card? 2nd-Does neogamma only allow certain gamecube file types to be playable on it? and 3rd- Where do i put the gamecube downloaded games at on my sd card for neogamma to read them and play?(trying to make sure im not just putting the files in an unlocatable spot). Everytime i try to load from sd Need for Speed 2 it says "storage read1 failed". Ive consulted ur guide and a few others and i have tweeked my settings a milion nd one ways. Can anyone assist me?

Founding Member
    Retired Staff/Mod
    Thanks
    Nowadays Dios Mios is probably more popular for Game Cube games. If your Wii can't read backups of Wii games on DVD, it won't be able to read Game Cube backups on disc. I never dabbled with it when I created this guide, nor to this very day. Stomp does have some useful information here.