Thread:
bricked iphone 3g tutorial

Xbox Junkie!
    Blog Entries
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)

bricked iphone 3g tutorial

hi im gonna write a small tutorial here seen as i spent most of yesterday trying to sort this out. What happened is i got a new phone so decided to give my daughter my iphone 3g, well i thought id wipe the entire memory with a restore before giving her it, connected phone to itunes went to restore to the 4.2.1 ios and at the end of every attempt was getting an error 1015 iphone couldnt restore but the phone was still stuck on the connect to itunes display.

tried tinyumbrella to kick it out of recovery mode but no joy there, so after alot of searching i came up with a fair few tuts that never worked but then tried merging a few together, firstly i will add the last custom ispw i made while jailbreaking with redsnow i used the ipad baseband so i could unlock the network carrier with ultrasn0w, now it does give you a warning at the time of doing this not to update or restore using apples ipsw as it has voided any warrenty you have (a little thing id forgotten about before restoring the phone)

so heres how to get it back if this ever happens to you.

firstly download sn0wbreeze, firstly let it download the official ispw for your make of iphone and the ios its on at the time, once its downloaded then allow sn0wbreeze to build the custom ispw and close the program its no longer needed.

the you need to get the phone in dfu mode, now i tried this a few time but was still getting the error, then i read that i needed it in pwnd dfu mode, so the next step is to download redsn0w i had to get an earlier one because the newer one is not compatable with the iphone 3g.

once you have redsn0w run as administrator and select the ispw, now make sure you use the official one not the one sn0wbreeze just created (redsn0w wont work with a custom built one) then you need to select just enter PWND DFU mode right now and follow the instructions,

Once you are in PWND DFU mode you can now exit redsn0w and open up itunes, it should detect iphone in recover mode, when at the recovery menu you need to press shift and then click restore. now you need to choose the custom ispw not the official if you use the official you get yet another error code, once the custom ispw is selected sit back let it restore your previously bricked phone then go ahead and jailbreak again using redsn0w.

i now have one happy daughter
    Last edited by knowlzy10; 05-16-2012 at 09:35 AM. Reason: typo

2. The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to knowlzy10 For This Useful Post:

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    really want a i phone just much so got blackberry that keeps chiming!!!!!!!

Xbox Junkie!
    Blog Entries
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    i did think of selling mine but tbh i think my daughter would prob kill me now

HacksDen Staff
    Mentioned
    12 Post(s)
    I love my samsung galaxy s2 but I like my iPod 4th gen aswell but I do want an iPad 2 aswell lmao

Sent from my iPod touch using Tapatalk
    Need any gfx making HERE is where to ask

Xbox Junkie!
    Blog Entries
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    TBH i got a samsung android phone given, cause one of the downsides with a jailbroken 3g is mobile substrate crashing quite often when your phone rings or recieve a text message, was starting to do my head in but my daughters only 10 and i couldnt say no when she wanted it, was gonna sell it lol, i did make her give her brother her ipod touch in return, its only a second gen i think

HacksDen Staff
    Mentioned
    12 Post(s)
    ahh but would you go for the galaxy tab or the ipad 2c thats my dilema, ive used the ipad 2 before and (only for an hour) and i couldnt fault it but i do like android (im not one of these people who think its one or the other lol)
    Need any gfx making HERE is where to ask