Thread:
[Tutorial] The Ultimate Emulation Guide Part 3 - Computers

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)

[Tutorial] The Ultimate Emulation Guide Part 3 - Computers

In part three of my series I will cover old school computer emulators. I'll be covering nine emulators in all. Once again I will only be covering the best or my favorite emulator if there are multiple emulators for the same system. I also decided to leave out NEC's PC-8801 and 9801. I have no memories or desire to play them and you have to be on top of your Japanese to enter their realm. I was going to include Chippy but it won't launch for me.

Because we are dealing with computer emulators a USB keyboard is definitely recommended and with some it's mandatory. Setting up, running, and operating computer emulators can be a lot more confusing, challenging, and involving than the previously covered emulators. Expect to start having to do a lot more.

I will be using the same 2GB PNY SD. As with all my guides don't ask where to obtain ROMs, BIOS, or game images and try to only ask questions pertaining to the guide.

As with the first two I will only be covering basic SD/SDHC/USB install. I will not be covering things like channel installs or forwarders. I'm not covering all of the controls and options because that can all be found on the emulators WiiBrew page and Readme. Also I will only be covering the original versions of the emulators and no unofficial forks. As a reminder most if not all emulators can be downloaded via The Homebrew Browser.

Also as with the first two parts if you want to save a little room you can either delete or move the readme files to your PC for safe keeping after you read them. I stress the after you read them part...Read them or fail! You can also leave them if you choose to because they wont hurt anything. I'll mention which files you need and don't need with every emulator.

C64-network.org (Formerly Frodo)

Fuse

WiiApple

UAE Wii

Wiituka

Hatari

BlueMSX-wii

DOSBox Wii

WiiXL

"Hackers solve problems and build things, and they believe in freedom and voluntary mutual help." - Eric S. Raymond

2. The Following 3 Users Say Thank You to Darkcide For This Useful Post: