Thread:
Mini-Tutorial On Setting Up An external HDD To Be Used With Jtag/RGH

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)

Mini-Tutorial On Setting Up An external HDD To Be Used With Jtag/RGH

This Guide Is Property Of HacksDen, and Namyarb3!! DO NOT REPOST WITHOUT PERMISSION!!

The external HDD needs to be formatted to FAT32. I have always used EASEUS to do this.

On the root of the external HDD, create a folder called 'retail'. This is where your retail games will go.
    usb1/retail/

On your PC, you can go a couple ways for the retail games. FAT32 formatted drives can only use files less than 4GB in size. Xbox360 games are too big for this limit.

Method One (My preference): Once you have your .ISO of the game you want to put on the drive, you need to run it through exiso. I can't find a link that is not from another hacking site. The developers of exiso don't have a homepage for DL. A quick search, and you will be set. You want "exiso v2.7.0". Once you have that, just click-and-drag your .ISO file over the program icon, and it will begin to run. It will create a folder of the game that you can put into your 'retail' folder on your external HDD.

Method Two: Run the .ISO through ISO2GOD. No link again for the same reason as exiso. The program is really easy to use, and will create a 'GOD container' that contains the game. The folder it creates can be placed in the 'retail' folder on your external HDD.

On the root of the external HDD, create a folder called 'xbla'. This is where your xbox live arcade games will go.
    usb1/xbla/

Get your XBLA games, and place the game folder into the 'xbla' folder on the root of your external HDD.

On the root of the external HDD, create a folder called 'emulators'. This is where your emulation programs can/will go.
    usb1/emulators/

On the root of the external HDD, create a folder called 'GOD'. This is for problem games. I have only come across one, Battlefield 3, that required this method. I'm sure there may be others that I'm not aware of. BF3 NEEDED to be GOD format to load. This folder is PROBABLY not necessary. I only created it for this shitty game (BF3).
    usb1/GOD/

Something to be aware of, is that DLC HAS to be loaded from the regular HDD. The one that is on the xbox, whether it's stock or a bigger SATA drive in the stock enclosure doesn't matter. Just no USB drives for DLC.
    DLC goes into hdd/content/0000........../(game folder)/
    I'll use Rock Band 3 as an example: hdd/content/0000...../45410914/00000002/DLC The 45410914 is the game ID. The 00000002 is the location for DLC.
    I use a portable HDD to transfer using the data transfer function of FSD. Party buffalo is a good program to use if you want to transfer from the PC...or FTP is good, but I know nothing about ftp'ing.
    And xm360 to unlock, although 99% of the DLC you find will already be unlocked for you. I run xm360 through XeX menu.

The most important thing about all of this, is to set your search paths correctly in FreeStyle Dash. If FSD doesn't know where to look, it will not find the game(s). Don't set FSD to scan too deep, and I disable auto-scan. It was slowing my initial loading times a TON. I just manual scan when i add new content.

I'm sure this looks sloppy compared to the pro guide writers here at the 'Den. It was put together quickly to appease the gods
    Last edited by namyarb3; 03-01-2012 at 09:10 PM.

2. The Following 5 Users Say Thank You to namyarb3 For This Useful Post:

Founding Member
    Retired Staff/Mod
    Mentioned
    3 Post(s)
    I see Krafter's request did not go unnoticed --- TY!

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Yeah buddy!
    If you, or anyone else, see something to change, let me know!

HacksDen Staff
    Administrator
    Blog Entries
    Mentioned
    5 Post(s)
    That didn't take long. Thank you very much. Another piece of fine work to help our Xbox section grow.
    Judge me by the content of my character and not the color of my politics.
    Feedback from my work: 1, 2, 3, 4

6. The Following User Says Thank You to Krafter For This Useful Post:

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Just a quick question when adding DLC can you just inject the DLC in the 0000000... folder using horizon or usb xtaf and the copy it onto the hdd and use xm360 to unlock? I think thats how you do it and if so it might be useful to add it to the tutorial.

8. The Following User Says Thank You to cj_goalie31 For This Useful Post:

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    DLC goes into hdd/content/0000........../(game folder)/
    I use a portable HDD to transfer using the data transfer function of FSD. Party buffalo is a good program to use if you want to transfer from the PC...or FTP is good, but I know nothing about ftp'ing.
    And xm360 to unlock, although 99% of the DLC you find will already be unlocked for you. I run xm360 through XeX menu.

10. The Following User Says Thank You to namyarb3 For This Useful Post:

HacksDen Staff
    Administrator
    Blog Entries
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Use content manager for DLC.

Unfortunately there is no standard when DLC is uploaded. Some is ready to upload directly into 00000000 and others are just the files themselves (and you need to know which folder inside 0000000 you need).

Content manager automatically uploads to the correct place via FTP.

For FTP, you just need your xbox connected to your network and ftp enabled in FSD settings. In content manager, you just goto settings and enter the xbox IP address and it will handle the rest.

Got Gav'd

12. The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to Bad_Ad84 For This Useful Post:

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    I've never used content manager. Most of the DLC I've gotten was set up correctly. If it isn't, just ask the community where you got it from.
    Anyone care to upload the 2 programs I mentioned to share here at the 'den? Exiso and iso2god?

HacksDen Staff
    Administrator
    Blog Entries
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Or content manager just tells you. Its as simple as clicking the folder with all the DLC in on your pc.

Got Gav'd