Blog Entries
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)

A quick guide to burning xbox360 iso

A quick guide to burning with imgburn 2.5.7.0

Firstly download imgburn from herehttp://www.imgburn.com/

Once you have downloaded imgburn you want to open it up

Spoiler

you then want to click on tools tab, then scroll down to settings at the bottom, then select the write tab, your settings for burning an xbox 360 iso should look like this.

I have circled verify against image file as a lot of sites advise you to do this, i myself don't verify because A: it adds about another 20-30 minutes to the proccess and B: if your iso writes ok 99% of the time it will pass verification, i will leave that option open to the user

Also under layerbreak make sure calculate optimal is checked, a lot of people used to add the layerbreak in themselfs, but now with the different methods of burning available i.e ihas burner or truncate backup, and also xgd2 and xgd3 then the layerbreak is different for each iso now, so i find it easier and more successful to let imgburn do it for me, plus the layerbreak is set in your .dvd file.

Spoiler

Once you have all that set up you then want to click on the write image file to disk options and it will bring up the following window

Spoiler

You then want to click on the circled file button which will then bring up your game folders menu

Spoiler

Now you want to select on the specific game that you would like to write to disk, open that folder and you should have to files in there

Spoiler

Now click on the arrowed .dvd file and not your iso, (if you do happen to click your iso by mistake imgburn will correct this and open the .dvd file for you) then click the open tab

Spoiler

Next you want to click on the write speed box and set it to rather 2.4 or 4x, if you look just above the write speed box it will tell you what media your using and the availible write speeds for your media.

I'm usining verbatim mkm-003 as its the "advised" media to use for the liteon ihas burner, and certain sites won't support any other media,
    TBH i never had a problem using my datawrite dl disks before and after the burnermax fw, and my "cheaper" quality media so to speak was still verifiying ok so its each to there own what brand disks they use.

Once you have selected your write speed click on the circled write button and sit back and let imgburn do the rest, each burn will take between 20-30 mins dependent on write speed.

Please feel free to offer any advice or alternative options in this thread in respect to any burning/media issues
    Last edited by RobGee789; 04-02-2012 at 11:39 AM. Reason: cropped images

2. The Following User Says Thank You to knowlzy10 For This Useful Post:

Blog Entries
    Mentioned
    2 Post(s)
    thanks for the guide this will be helpfull to my mate bigjoeoc

4. The Following User Says Thank You to peire For This Useful Post:

Xbox Junkie!
    Blog Entries
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    no worries m8

if anyone is still stuck on lt2.0 rather because there drive has not been updated because it cant be yet, or you are an offline player and don't want to loose all your backed up games. If you would like me to make a tutorial on how to inject the lt2.0 ap25 topology into your iso using xbox backup creator just let me no and ill get on it

6. The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to knowlzy10 For This Useful Post: