Thread:
[GUIDE] How to use sysCheck, posting an IOS report

Administrator
    News Hack
    Blog Entries
    Mentioned
    7 Post(s)

[GUIDE] How to use sysCheck, posting an IOS report

sysCheck will save (to the root of the SD card) and/or display stats of your Wii. Such stats include region, system menu, Homebrew Channel version, IOS's installed, and other useful information. An SD card is needed, there is no USB support yet, that may come in the next version. As of syscheck v19, you can use this with Wii mode of the Wii U.

sysCheck does not write to the NAND, therefore safe to use, and no chance to brick.

Download sysCheck - SysCheck HacksDen Edition
    always updated to the latest version

1. Download the sysCheck package.
    2. Extract the contents of the syscheck archive.

Ignore the IOSinfo folder in the image, that is not included in current versions of syscheck

• sysCheck folder - this contains the sysCheck application that you will be using, copy this folder to the apps folder of your SD card.
      • IOSinfo folder - not needed but you may copy it to your SD card if you want. IOSinfo, a separate application, is used so you can add it in syscheck[source] and get it do display the base ios correctly, it checks the sha1 hash on selected cios. This was included with earlier versions of sysCheck, upon testing the current version of sysCheck it does display the base of the cIOS, therefore IOSinfo is not needed for your purpose.
    3. Now insert your SD card in to your Wii. Open the Homebrew, and run sysCheck.
    4. When sysCheck first runs you are presented with an option, pressing left or right on the D-pad you can check an individual IOS, leaving the option at default will check all IOS's, it will start automatically after about 5 seconds.

5. If the sysCheck stoped while checking an IOS, then that IOS is probably corrupted, reinstall (do not delete) that IOS and repeat this guide. If you do not know which version of the corrupted IOS needs to be installed, then post your issues in this section HERE, somebody will be along to help you. Installing the wrong version of an IOS can brick your Wii. Deleting an IOS can brick your Wii. Once that is fixed you may try sysCheck again. As of sysCheck v2.3.0 you can have sysCheck skip one or more IOS during the check by editing the <skip IOS> in the meta file. Look here to instructions on how to edit the meta file to skip an IOS.
    6. When the sysCheck is complete, the data is saved to the SD card as a .cvs file.
    7. You now have the option to view the sysCheck with your Wii by pressing the A button, otherwise, exit the application. If you want to post the sysCheck on the forum then take the .cvs file (SD card) to your computer.

8. To post the sysCheck, open the .cvs file with wordpad or microsoft works, highlight the sysCheck and copy and paste it to the forum. If you save the .cvs file to your computer as a .txt file, you can use notepad to open it. Edit out your console ID if you do not want anybody to see it.

• Tested on Ubuntu (11.10) Linux, .CSV files can be opened with , generic linux Text Editor, Libre Office Writer, WINE notepad and WINE wordpad.
      • TextEdit will work fine (it's free and it's included on all Mac's)

This thread is not a place to post your softmod issues, create your own thread for that. Only post issues about using sysCheck or this guide, here.

Never delete an IOS below IOS100, never install an incorrect version of an IOS for your Wii. Your Wii could get bricked.

Hermes cIOS [38+37] is not displayed correctly, it is displayed as Hermes cIOS [38], so if you have an IOS with a base of 38 merged with 37 then do not be alarmed if it is not displayed correctly.
    For the noobs, Hermes cIOS (with merged bases) is IOS202, 222, 223 from the Hermes cIOS installer v4.

Here is an example, this example does not represent what your sysCheck will look like.

example sysCheck

Last edited by stomp_442; 08-31-2014 at 12:58 PM.

2. The Following 9 Users Say Thank You to stomp_442 For This Useful Post:

Administrator
    News Hack
    Blog Entries
    Mentioned
    7 Post(s)
    I would like to add apple or Linux support, step 10 is for windows computers. If somebody wants to post how to do this (step 10) with a non-windows computer, feel free to post.

Supreme Overlord
    Administrator
    Blog Entries
    Mentioned
    14 Post(s)
    I thought you might find this useful for instructing people to use spoiler tags:
    "Macs are the Perfect Computers," said the Perfect Idiot.

(\__/)
    (='.'=)This is Bunny. Copy and paste Bunny into your
    (")_(")signature to help him gain world domination.

5. The Following User Says Thank You to JoostinOnline For This Useful Post:

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tested on Ubuntu (11.10) Linux,

(Step 10) .CSV files can be opened with , generic linux Text Editor, Libre Office Writer, WINE notepad and WINE wordpad.

7. The Following User Says Thank You to cillitBANG87 For This Useful Post:

Administrator
    News Hack
    Blog Entries
    Mentioned
    7 Post(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by cillitBANG87 View Post
    Tested on Ubuntu (11.10) Linux,

(Step 10) .CSV files can be opened with , generic linux Text Editor, Libre Office Writer, WINE notepad and WINE wordpad.
    Thanks for the feedback, I'll add this to the first post.

HacksDen Staff
    Administrator
    Blog Entries
    Mentioned
    4 Post(s)
    Ok. I don't have a .csv atm but Mac users can open it in Microsoft Office Excel or iWorks' Numbers. Those are paid applications however, I will check if TextEdit (the default Text Editor) in Mac will open .CSVs when I get the chance.

10. The Following User Says Thank You to ShadowSonic2 For This Useful Post:

HacksDen Staff
    Administrator
    Blog Entries
    Mentioned
    5 Post(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by ShadowSonic2 View Post
    Ok. I don't have a .csv atm but Mac users can open it in Microsoft Office Excel or iWorks' Numbers. Those are paid applications however, I will check if TextEdit (the default Text Editor) in Mac will open .CSVs when I get the chance.
    Nothing special about a csv file. Its just a text file. Any text editor will open it on any platform.
    Judge me by the content of my character and not the color of my politics.
    Feedback from my work: 1, 2, 3, 4

12. The Following User Says Thank You to Krafter For This Useful Post:

HacksDen Staff
    Administrator
    Blog Entries
    Mentioned
    4 Post(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by Krafter View Post
    Nothing special about a csv file. Its just a text file. Any text editor will open it on any platform.
    Then there you go Stomp...TextEdit will work fine (it's free and it's included on all Mac's).

Administrator
    News Hack
    Blog Entries
    Mentioned
    7 Post(s)
    Maybe I don't need to add any special instructions if any text editor will work.

Supreme Overlord
    Administrator
    Blog Entries
    Mentioned
    14 Post(s)
    Are you going to use the gif I made? If not I'll delete it.
    "Macs are the Perfect Computers," said the Perfect Idiot.

(\__/)
    (='.'=)This is Bunny. Copy and paste Bunny into your
    (")_(")signature to help him gain world domination.