Page 1 of 4 123 ... LastLast

Thread:
Inserting lt 2.0 topology into lt 3.0 iso

Xbox Junkie!
    Blog Entries
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)

Inserting lt 2.0 topology into lt 3.0 iso

This guide will enable you to play lt 3.0 patched iso's on a lt2.0 console.

this could be useful for a number of reasons

A: you have a drive that has not been updated to lt 3.0 yet by c4eva.

B: you are an offline player who has no intention of taking your console online and don't want to loose all your already backed up iso's. (already burned to disk) which would all need reburned and drive updated if you connected to xbox live or updated to newest dash

C: you have run the iso through abgx which has automatically inserted the lt 3.0 topology data.

I would advise anyone following this guide to run the iso through abgx first to fix or create .dvd, running it after injecting the lt2.0 topology will then patch it back to lt3.0 standards.

Firstly you will need to download xbox backup creator from here http://api.viglink.com/api/click?for...13335421747344

please note some anti viruses dectect a trojan, this file is completely safe to use i just click allow

Once you have xbox backup creator installed you want to run as administrator, you should have a screen looking like this

first off you want to click on image tools (circled)

Then make sure that the box that says inject is ticked, then proceed and press the ap25 sector tab

You will then need to browse for the iso your wanting to inject and click ok

Then it will ask for the data you want to inject, just browse to that folder and click the lt2.0 topolgy.bin

Once complete it will say at the bottom of the screen that ap25 sector file injected

You have successfully injected your ap25 lt2.0 data to play your backed up iso on your xbox 360.

Please note this is for offline users only who have not updated to the latest dash or had there xbox360's dae.bin updated by the silent update by connecting to xbox live

You can now burn with imgburn and play on your xbox 360

Here is the lt2.0 topology data file topology for lt2.0.rar
    Last edited by knowlzy10; 04-18-2012 at 08:34 AM. Reason: more info

2. The Following 5 Users Say Thank You to knowlzy10 For This Useful Post:

HacksDen Staff
    GFX Machine
    Mentioned
    1 Post(s)
    nice work mate

4. The Following User Says Thank You to M3RK For This Useful Post:

Founding Member
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    thumbs up !

6. The Following User Says Thank You to billyhamm For This Useful Post:

Founding Member
    Retired Staff/Mod
    Mentioned
    3 Post(s)
    Awesome. If you're in for a penny, in for a pound perhaps do an ABGX tutorial, it'd be a nice companion piece (I myself have been meaning to do so, but limited time has always been my issue).

Edit: added to Author's Index.

Edit 2: duh, forgot you did the verify image thing already, lol.
    Last edited by nightstah; 04-04-2012 at 10:53 AM.

8. The Following User Says Thank You to nightstah For This Useful Post:

Xbox Junkie!
    Blog Entries
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    the reason i done this one cause i got quiet a few customers that dont connect to xbox live at all, so if they updated there dash they would lose the ability to play there already backed up ap25/xgd3 disks.

the only time this might become a problem (prob be a workaround though) is if m$ start putting dash updates on newer games (which they have done in the past), but until then this works perfectly for all those that don't need to be on latest dash for live
    Last edited by knowlzy10; 04-04-2012 at 10:57 AM. Reason: removed info

Founding Member
    Retired Staff/Mod
    Mentioned
    3 Post(s)
    Yeah, you missed my edit (apologies, alzheimers seems to have crept up on me, lol).

11. The Following User Says Thank You to nightstah For This Useful Post:

HacksDen Staff
    Administrator
    Blog Entries
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    I am confused by:

B: you are an offline player who has no intention of taking your console online and don't want to loose all your already backed up iso's.
    How do you lose an ISO? I cant make this part make sense to me, which ever way I think about it...

Got Gav'd

Xbox Junkie!
    Blog Entries
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by Bad_Ad84 View Post
    I am confused by:

How do you lose an ISO? I cant make this part make sense to me, which ever way I think about it...
    maybe that should say disk basically if your still running c4evs lt2.0 and you happen to take the console online m$ hits you with a silent update which moves the dae.bin data, which would then make any exsiting backups (dvd) useless and give you an unsupported disk error, as the ap25 sector has been moved with the silent update.

basically this is only handy if you don't play online and have a lot of disks you dont want to have to reburn and patch again as the others would be no more than coasters

HacksDen Staff
    Administrator
    Blog Entries
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    But if you are patching the lt data into the ISO, you are still losing (reburning) the disk?

This is why I was confused

I understand how it all works etc.

But basically, your whole page to me reads as making games work with old firmware. So this is only handy for people who dont mind reburning disks, but cant be bothered to get their drive updated as they dont play online?

And you say in your post above, about updating and taking the DAE.bin hit (random AP2.5 checks) - this wont stop that. Your original posts even says it wont help in that situation.

This guide is only for people that:
    Do not play online
    Want to play LT 3.0 disks on LT 2.0
    Have not taken the update that changes the DAE response/challenge.

No disk you currently have should need reburning or repatching. Only new games that are for LT3.0 would need patching to work with LT 2.0 before you burn them for the first time.

Hence the confusion about losing ISOS (or burnt discs) as that would never happen?

Got Gav'd

Xbox Junkie!
    Blog Entries
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by Bad_Ad84 View Post
    So this is only handy for people who dont mind reburning disks, but cant be bothered to get their drive updated as they dont play online?

basically yeah.

they are not reburning the games (iso's) they already have on disk there safe, but now alot of newer iso's you back up come already patched to play on lt3.0, hence they would not work on a lt2.0 console, this enables them to patch to lt2.0 standards so they don't have to update if they don't want or need to.