+ Reply to Thread
Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12
    Thanks
    Yea, its still in development for my router see this thread http://www.dd-wrt.com/phpBB2/viewtop...d0ad416d9039cb im hoping it will be out soon, i have only heard good news about it except for the two or three people that got bricked in that thread from the current version of it.

HacksDen Staff
    Administrator
    Blog Entries
    Thanks
    Just installed dd-wrt on my router even though the dd-wrt wiki says it's not yet officially supported. I decided to go for it because the chipset is a Broadcom BCMB83A which is a supported chipset. So far so good, the compatibility with freeDNS works flawlessly however I'm not having much luck getting my VPN working with it yet. I can still connect manually via network connections however no luck with getting it working as a connection type from dd-wrt. I'm sure I'm missing something that I'll figure out some other time lol.

P.S. Anyone looking to use VPN over PPTP should be aware that the default security settings in dd-wrt automatically blocks all PPTP connections. You will have to go to the security tab ->VPN Passthrough and enable PPTP Passthrough to make it work.

Thanks
    Really? I just installed dd-wrt on mine yesterday. Was gonna wait a bit before posting the results to check how its working, and its working great.
    Heres the uptime screen

The main reason i installed dd-wrt (before you go bad link, why you use so much in such little time im downloading the zombie maps, i think i already got past my 20gb limit this month, but im not sure)

and heres just something i found cool, donno if the check box works or its just sitting there to look pretty

Also, my ps3 constantly gets higher signal, it would have 35% or so before but after i doubled the power intake, its 95-100% at all times.

Blog Entries
    Thanks
    I kind of what to boost the signal of my 5ghz band. I only have 60% signal strength compared to 95% 2.4 ghz but I am the only one that can see and access the 5ghz band.

Thanks
    Quote Originally Posted by Supermasterpig View Post
    I kind of what to boost the signal of my 5ghz band. I only have 60% signal strength compared to 95% 2.4 ghz but I am the only one that can see and access the 5ghz band.
    5ghz currently doesn't work on dd-wrt, or atleast on the current version that our routers support i may be wrong tho
    this is what someone said http://www.dd-wrt.com/phpBB2/viewtop...r=asc&start=75
    E2500
    I found this problems:
    1. 40MHz doesn't work, radio works on 20MHz, even if you select and set it 40MHz.
    2. 5GHz radio isn't recognized
    3. Maximum n speed is set to 144Mbit/s because of 20MHz radio limit.
    4. Channel selection is sometimes not working correctly, if user selects 40MHz upper Channel 5 it switches to channel 7 20MHz only.
    And silly me, i put my ISPS name when it was asking where i wanted to get my time and date setting from.
    Last edited by LiNkZoR; 04-26-2012 at 06:27 PM.