Thread:
[Guide] Transferring PS2 apps from usb to memory card

Blog Entries
    Mentioned
    2 Post(s)

[Guide] Transferring PS2 apps from usb to memory card

Here is a quick guide on transferring your ps2 apps from a usb to a ps2 memory card...

What you need
    USB Thumb drive
    ps2 memory card
    Free McBoot installed - Important

1st plug your usb thumb drive into the pc then copy your chosen apps onto it

2nd put your memory card with Free McBoot installed on into your ps2 slot 1 and stick your usb Thumb Drive into the usb port on the ps2

3rd start up your ps2 that boots to the Free McBoot

4th scroll down to uLaunchELF and press X

Now here is were we get your apps on to the memory card.

Scroll down to mass:/ (this is your usb directory) press circle on your pad and then you will see your listed apps, scroll down to one of your listed apps and press R1, you will see a box pop up on the right side of the screen press circle on your pad to select copy then press triangle untill you get back to the paths again. Now you want to paste the app you copied off your usb stick to your memory card so...

Scroll to your memory card slot 1, that will mc0:/ press circle then scroll down to BOOT/ and press circle. Now here is were we past it in so press R1 so the box on the right pops up then scroll down to paste and press circle on your pad. Now reboot your ps2 and at the main menu thats were you should see your app but at the minute it wont be there as we need to set the path so i will tell you how...

Now were at the main menu scroll down to Free McBoot Configurator and press X on your pad then press circle now were at the configurator screen so here is what you do now.

scroll down to Configure OSDSYS options.... press circle on your pad

make sure Hacked OSDSYS is ON then scroll down to Configure Item 1 and press right on your D-PAD untill you get to and empty number for eg mine was number 7:

press circle on your pad, now scroll to Name: and press circle and enter the name of your app, this name will show up on your main menu on the ps2 . Now were going to set the path so the app will show on the main menu so scroll down to Path1: and then press circle on your pad. now we need to select the location were the app is so select the memory card slot 1 that will be Mc0:/ press circle then scroll down to BOOT/ then press circle now select the app that you chose to install 1st that says .ELF then press circle, if you have it in a folder then you will need to press circle again then select your app that says .ELF then press circle and your done your path the should look like this for eg...

without folder
    mc0:/BOOT/appname.ELF

with folder
    mc0:/BOOT/foldername/appname.ELF

then scroll down to return press circle then scroll down to return again press circle then scroll down to save CNF to MC0 press circle, and now the path is saved now scroll down to ps2 Browser (FMCB Restart) press circle and it will reboot your ps2 and now you will see your app on your main menu enjoy

2. The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to peire For This Useful Post:

Founding Member
    Retired Staff/Mod
    Mentioned
    3 Post(s)
    Nice one, peire --- copied out into the public forum

4. The Following User Says Thank You to nightstah For This Useful Post:

New User
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    yes but why not just launch the apps from the USB drive? it is quicker than a MC even though it is only USB 1.1

also MC is limited in size to 8Mb a std FMCB install 1.8b will take up around 2.4 to 2.8Mb of this not leaving much room.
    the other advantage of starting elf's from a USB is the app and roms can be altogether... assuming its an emulator you are using...

Administrator
    News Hack
    Blog Entries
    Mentioned
    6 Post(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by spud42 View Post
    yes but why not just launch the apps from the USB drive? it is quicker than a MC even though it is only USB 1.1

also MC is limited in size to 8Mb a std FMCB install 1.8b will take up around 2.4 to 2.8Mb of this not leaving much room.
    the other advantage of starting elf's from a USB is the app and roms can be altogether... assuming its an emulator you are using...
    I have fmcb on my MC, but that is about as far as I went with it. Is it easy to launch apps from ta usb device?

I was playing cod2 the other day on my ps2, wondering if there is a way to play multiplayer on a private server?