Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread:
Wiiflow USB Loader (Wii Softmod) Install Guide

HacksDen Staff
    Mentioned
    1 Post(s)

Wiiflow USB Loader (Wii Softmod) Install Guide

This guide will help you install and learn more about Wiiflow USB Loader for a softmodded Wii console. This application will work on a 4.3 softmod as well as it will for a 4.2 softmod or a 3.2 softmod. Included in this Wii guide are WAD downloads, Wiiflow themes, instructions on how to use Wiiflow, and instructions on how to install Wiiflow. Hibernatus, Wiiflow v1.1 designer, released the source code and retired. Wiiflow has been resumed by r-win and Miigotu (who currently lead this project).

*The image above is Starnight theme for Wiiflow USB Loader by Jiiwah
    -------------------------------------------

[a] Special Announcements

Click Mii

Anyone who is updating from an earlier revision:
    Due to a lot of changes, also in the configuration files, you might experience problems when you upgrade your current version to this new version. In case you experience unexpected behavior, or a code dump, please try to start from fresh.
    Requirements and Downloads

To run Wiiflow you will need:

Latest Downloads

Wiiflow 2.1a2 Downloads - Thanks to Krank for the links

For a comprehensive list of features/updates see the Changelog at the bottom of this post.

Archived WAD Downloads - Includes 5 forwarders and R25-compatible themes

Installation

**If you experience any issues, check the Troubleshooting Section below and the Readme Files before asking for help**

A. Homebrew Channel

B. Forwarder Channel

C. System Channel

Settings and Everything Else

Controls

Main Menu

Global Settings

Selecting a Game

Game Settings

Manually Downloading and Installing Game Covers

Autobooting from Priiloader

Adding Custom Music to Wiiflow

Troubleshooting

Useful Links

Changelog

***Check the Readme files included with the download for other info not in this guide!***

Credits

Please, if you appreciated this work and wish to share it at other sites POST A LINKBACK TO THIS ORIGINAL WORK. DO NOT REPOST ANY PART OF THIS GUIDE. Thanks!

2011 Ithian - You may not copy this material without prior written consent.
    Last edited by Ithian; 07-21-2011 at 05:14 AM. Reason: updates

2. The Following 5 Users Say Thank You to Ithian For This Useful Post:

HacksDen Staff
    A.U.S.S.I.E
    Mentioned
    1 Post(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by mugotu
    the uploaded beta has not the cache fixed in it. That i fixed in a later rev.

Also to whomever says wiiflow is on hold is majorly mistaken. I dont want to hear about bugs in this stage as we are in a feature adding stage before we go back to bugfixing. Atm we have fixed some major freezing and memory problems and.... Drum roll please?.....

i have gotten nand emu working in wiiflow. atm im still combing the code and adding hooking/patching/cheats... Even for channels on real nand. wiiflow will have the same if not better compatibility as mighty channels, since i used alot of code from there as a base and rewrote it, fixing some obvious bugs in the original code along the way. it has been noted that wiiflow "seems" to boot games off of emunand a bit faster and some games are emulated better? Wiiflow supports already emunand on any fat32 partition on sd or usb, selectable from the menu, and the nand can be in any folder. There will be a feature eventually to create a nand backup from within wiiflow, as well as a wad installer to whatever nand is active, including real nand.

There is also a d2x only version of wiiflow i have created this month, upon the hopes that d2x v7 will fix the lag in online games some ppl experience... All of the old unneeded code and patches are removed in it, along with removed support for old cios.

Also since i fixed the memory problem and the linker script in wiiflow, wiiflow now works compressed, this makes wiiflow into a 1.69mb powerhouse of a tiny dol.

Also, even though r-win is on vacation he is working on a huge patch that combines wiiflow and wodeflow into one application.

Our goal is to only release 1 version of wiiflow and combine all of the efforts into the main program. No more "which version should i install?". Then we can focus on that 1 version being the best, most complete, most stable application around.

In the end i hope the freeleechers finally start feeling guilty for not supporting the developers through donation.

Have fun with wiiflow atm, but expect huge improvements and enhancements that have been awaited for years.

yeahhhh!!!!!!

USEFUL LINKS........................USEFUL LINKS..........................USEFUL LINKS......................USEFUL LINKS

HacksDen Staff
    A.U.S.S.I.E
    Mentioned
    1 Post(s)
    bumping this for those that missed it....->wiiflow adds it other will add it....

FINALLY all in one loader

USEFUL LINKS........................USEFUL LINKS..........................USEFUL LINKS......................USEFUL LINKS

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Nice work mate

HacksDen Staff
    A.U.S.S.I.E
    Mentioned
    1 Post(s)
    http://www.wiiflowiki.com/

Download rev410 or 411

To use r410 or 411, you need a d2x cIOS in slot 249. For example, d2xv6 (base 56) installed in slot 249.
    You also need to delete gameconfig2.ini from the /wiiflow/settings folder and .wdm files as described in the wiki.

New features available in r410/411, like NAND emulation and auto IOS detection. The auto IOS detection feature will automatically pick the correct cIOS for a game. For example, to play Black Ops you don't need to pick a cIOS with base 57, just click play and wiiflow will automatically use a d2x cIOS with base 57.

To turn on/off NAND emulation, move your pointer to the channels button and press B. The NAND can be on the root of the USB drive or in a folder, but if its in a folder the path needs to be defined in wiiflow.ini.

r411 has initial support for save emulation

Thanks xfcrowman

JUST WOW
    (finally time to turn on my wii again)

http://code.google.com/p/wiiflow-dev...e/detail?r=411
    Last edited by Cile; 08-12-2011 at 01:27 AM.

7. The Following User Says Thank You to Cile For This Useful Post:

HacksDen Staff
    Mentioned
    1 Post(s)
    Cool, maybe I will finally switch from cfg? Not likely but I will definitely be trying this one.

Please help keep us running by Donating

HacksDen Staff
    A.U.S.S.I.E
    Mentioned
    1 Post(s)
    37 = 245
    38 = 246
    53 = 247
    55 = 248
    56 = 249
    57 = 250
    58 = 251

Seem cIOS will no longer be the 2 best choices rather 8 lol...So auto ios for all games or channels

Hermes ehci is now in v7 so no need for hermes ios

@Krank i had to do a complete new install of wiiflow but it works great
    Last edited by Cile; 08-12-2011 at 03:41 AM.

New User
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    How come my homebrew channel won't work? It just shows the ocean and bubbles floating up and then signal thing is flashing...

any help??

Blog Entries
    Mentioned
    2 Post(s)
    Take the sd card out the wii, back up all your files and format the sd card to fat32 and make sure the lock is off on the sd card, then put all your files back on then put the sd card back in the wii and go into the HBC and your apps etc should show up.

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk

Founding Member
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by quiell1323 View Post
    How come my homebrew channel won't work? It just shows the ocean and bubbles floating up and then signal thing is flashing...

any help??
    possible causes: sd card not installed (re-seat), sd card error (re-format FAT32), no apps folder and files in card (re-do).