+ Reply to Thread
    Blog Entries
    Thanks

Midnight Purple 3DS Coming In May

Nintendo is releasing a new 3DS to cater to gamers who really like the Minnesota Vikings or Prince. An all-new Midnight Purple model will be arriving in North America next month.

The new handheld color was outed by a Sam's Club listing this weekend. With the cat out of the bag, Nintendo decided to formally announce the model. The Midnight Purple 3DS will be released on May 20th, the same day that Mario Tennis Open goes on sale.

The Midnight Purple 3DS will retail for $170. There's no mention of a game being included with the handheld. For example, the Pearl Pink model was originally sold with a free copy of nintendogs + cats. I'm not sure what game would go well with a purple 3DS - something with Waluigi, maybe?

It's kind of a hideous color, to be honest. It looks like the paintjob they'd use in an episode of Pimp My Ride. If you like the thought of your 3DS looking like a tricked out Dodge Neon, though, maybe you'll enjoy Midnight Purple.

The 3DS is only about fourteen months old but is already available in a large selection of colors. The handheld launched with Aqua Blue and Cosmo Black, and was later accompanied by Flame Red, Pearl Pink, and Ice White. Japan also received Cobalt Blue.

It's easy to make fun of Nintendo for putting so much effort into recoloring their handheld. In the end, though, Nintendo's having the last laugh. They sold 4.5 million 3DS units in the device's first year. That's more than the Wii managed to sell in its debut year.

SOURCE:cinemablend.com

T.O.T.W Rosettes

Thanks
    I don't know what that guy is talking about. That is a beautiful color of purple. I would have been mad if it was some crappy pastel color, or even something lighter. I like my purples dark!
    Needless to say, purple is my favorite color, and I will be selling my blue 3DS to get this one, simply because my soul would be incomplete without it.

HacksDen Staff
    Thanks
    Thanked 1,608 Times in 1,178 Posts
    i suffer with colour blindness so i cant really tell the difference lmao
    Need any gfx making HERE is where to ask

News Hack
    Blog Entries
    Thanks
    Thanked 1,224 Times in 847 Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by SaidTheMuse View Post
    I don't know what that guy is talking about. That is a beautiful color of purple. I would have been mad if it was some crappy pastel color, or even something lighter. I like my purples dark!
    Needless to say, purple is my favorite color, and I will be selling my blue 3DS to get this one, simply because my soul would be incomplete without it.
    Are you sure you don't want to wait for the green 3DS gardening mama release, or the sky blue version. I think they should just release the best colors at release date, because I got a pink DSi, a bronze DSi XL, and an aqua 3DS, all of which were release day consoles and the worst colors of the bunch. So I learned something, quit buying my junk at release date and wait a year or two for a better color.

Blog Entries
    Thanks
    I'm getting the peach limited addition 3ds it's getting shipped at the end of may won it on club Nintendo, I also have the aqua 3ds and a black dsi

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk

T.O.T.W Rosettes

Thanks
    you're so lucky!

I like that new Purple colour, brings me back to the days of Gamecube.
    My FC: 1289-8236-6502
    My Mii's name: Adrian

Love to animate!