Page 3 of 20 FirstFirst 1234513 ... LastLast

Thread:
The Game of Thrones: Whaddya Guys Think?

HacksDen Staff
    Mentioned
    1 Post(s)
    TWD was awesome. Heavily looking forward to season 2 in October. Definitely get caught up on the rest of season 1 it's worth the watch. The comic books (that the tv show is based off of) are even better.

Administrator
    News Hack
    Blog Entries
    Mentioned
    4 Post(s)
    Do you get into comic books, I only bought one set of comic books, it was the Megadeth comic books, only 4 issues. I also bought the leather bound first edition and had the band sign the inside of the front cover at a meet and greet. I'll have to locate my collection and up some pics.

Founding Member
    Retired Staff/Mod
    Mentioned
    2 Post(s)
    TWD is an AMC program (not A&E, lol). Only comic books I seriously collected (long since sold) was the Savage Sword of Conan (SSOC). I had most'em of them at one time... I used to be a rabid REH (Robert E. Howard, creator of Conan and other interesting characters) author/fan...

HacksDen Staff
    Mentioned
    1 Post(s)
    No I haven't read comics in years. But before episode 6 aired I found out the show was based on comics so I started looking around and found this: http://www.amctv.com/the-walking-dea...-motion-comic/

It inspired me to look around for the comics (issue #85 comes out soon) and they turned out to be more intense than the show.

Speaking of which, I think I'll be picking up A Song of Fire and Ice soon.

Founding Member
    Retired Staff/Mod
    Mentioned
    2 Post(s)
    Definitely a good ep. Apparently we now know exactly who is a dragon (as ably demonstrated by the Queen and the non-burned hands from the eggs within the fire) --- and conversely and quite fatally, who is not (crown of gold anyone, lol?)

We also learn that it's rather funny all of King Roberts' kids have blonde hair; hmmm... who else has blonde air within the kingdom, lol.

HacksDen Staff
    Mentioned
    1 Post(s)
    I'm only about halfway through it so far here's a great interview with George R.R. Martin on the show: http://collider.com/george-r-r-marti...thrones/86337/

7. The Following User Says Thank You to Ithian For This Useful Post:

Founding Member
    Retired Staff/Mod
    Mentioned
    2 Post(s)
    Awesome read, thanks. That guy looks older than dirt --- here's hoping he's got enough life in him to crank out those two final books!

HacksDen Staff
    Mentioned
    1 Post(s)
    Yep it's official. My favorite series now. I need to get the books.

HacksDen Staff
    Mentioned
    1 Post(s)
    Wow. I can't believe tonight's episode. Just wow. These guys are going full tilt for their first season in one hell of a way. Post back when you watch it nightstah, I can't not talk about this one for long.

Founding Member
    Retired Staff/Mod
    Mentioned
    2 Post(s)
    Well, I figured out what my problem was (why I was offline). Awhile back, I had the cable company install a line amplifier (my local channel switched to digital and it got "drowned out" by the cable however the hell that happened?!). Friday I unplugged it as I needed the outlet outside for something. My internet went south, but didn't realize it for a couple hours (was working outside).

I had thought I hadn't paid my cable bill (ever the procrastinator). I paid it tonight and came home --- still no joy. No DNS so couldn't go anywhere. Remembered I unplugged that and couldn't recall if I plugged it back in. Went outside, sure enough... not plugged in. Plugged it in and it worked. I had no clue a cable line amplifier would affect my internet service --- I mean, the damn thing worked just fine without it before LOL.

The point is, I gotta grab that episode, so give me til tomorrow. That interview you linked awhile back was fascinating, because I picture logistical troubles for later seasons in terms of budgetary and possibility to... bring things to the screen. Tell me you still think this show is an "also ran" with your "other" show, c'mon... I dare ya
    Last edited by nightstah; 06-13-2011 at 12:50 AM.