Thread:
How to enable Firefox 3 theme in 16.0.1 (Firefox pulled a M$)

Supreme Overlord
    Administrator
    Blog Entries
    Mentioned
    14 Post(s)

How to enable Firefox 3 theme in 16.0.1 (Firefox pulled a M$)

As you may or may not know, Firefox devs are pulling a M$ and telling us what we should prefer, instead of keeping things customizable. They plan to remove the "Tabs on Bottom" option, which lots of people (including myself) find more efficient than "Tabs on top" (tabs above the address bar). In preparation for this, the creator of "Firefox 3 theme for Firefox 4+" has disabled it for anyone using 16.0.1, despite it supporting Tabs on Bottom.

If you still want to use Tabs on Bottom with 16.0.1, just install this theme.

PS: If you want to protest the change, you can do so here.
    Last edited by JoostinOnline; 10-23-2012 at 08:49 PM.
    "Macs are the Perfect Computers," said the Perfect Idiot.

(\__/)
    (='.'=)This is Bunny. Copy and paste Bunny into your
    (")_(")signature to help him gain world domination.

Administrator
    News Hack
    Blog Entries
    Mentioned
    7 Post(s)
    Well, I cannot remember the last time I saw a tab when using Windows, was it XP or 98. I like my firefox tab on top, right under the toolbar.

Firefox protects me from your links, what's in those links anyways?
    Last edited by stomp_442; 10-23-2012 at 08:41 PM.

Supreme Overlord
    Administrator
    Blog Entries
    Mentioned
    14 Post(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by stomp_442 View Post
    Well, I cannot remember the last time I saw a tab when using Windows, was it XP or 98. I like my firefox tab on top, right under the toolbar.

Firefox protects me from your links, what's in those links anyways?
    The first link is a modified theme, the second one (I fixed it) is a link to the google groups topic.

It's perfectly safe to install the theme I linked to, which is based on this. It just has the maximum compatible version changed from 15 to 50.

Anyway, you like tabs on top, that's fine. I personally find it inefficient since the tab isn't right above the page I'm browsing. I would be against it if they tried to remove that option too, because plenty of people like it.
    "Macs are the Perfect Computers," said the Perfect Idiot.

(\__/)
    (='.'=)This is Bunny. Copy and paste Bunny into your
    (")_(")signature to help him gain world domination.

Administrator
    News Hack
    Blog Entries
    Mentioned
    7 Post(s)
    Oh poop, I didn't know I'm using firefox v16.0.1, I don't remember the version going that high. I was thinking, wtf is joostin talking about ff v16, I thought it was some test version that I missed out on when I was away for so long.

I think that if the tabs are going to be on bottom then they should also move the address bar to the bottom too. To me it don't make sense to have tabs on bottom and address bar on top. A lot of times I pull my window down just a bit because I also use my desktop, I imagine that if I don't resize my window and pull it down just a bit the tabs will be off screen where I cannot get to them? It's bad enough that the different windows are all bunched up on the firefox icon on the toolbar, that's something I really don't like, I've been pondering moving the windows toolbar to the top, but I don't like change.

Have I missed something, I am running ff 16 and don't see any difference from the last big update.
    Last edited by stomp_442; 10-24-2012 at 11:20 PM.