Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread:
Create Forwarder Channels for your Wii Games

HacksDen Staff
    Mentioned
    1 Post(s)

Create Forwarder Channels for your Wii Games

How To Play USB Games From The Wii Menu

This guide will show you how to play Wii backups stored on a USB device OR SD Card, right from the Wii menu. This is very useful for kids or for games that you play often. I have noticed a few people asking how to create channels for ALT.dol games so I have included all the necessary steps in the guide. Very Simple!

WBFS Drives -- Forwarder Channels

FAT32 & NTFS Drives -- Forwarder Channels

Last edited by Krank; 06-28-2011 at 07:13 PM.

Please help keep us running by Donating

2. The Following 7 Users Say Thank You to Krank For This Useful Post:

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    I could have sworn that I had used Crap prior to changing from WBFS to FAT32, but it has been awhile. Out of curiosity does it not work with WBFS at all?

Founding Member
    Retired Staff/Mod
    Mentioned
    3 Post(s)
    I don't understand the question; unless I'm missing something OTHER than you're asking about, there's a spoiler section for WBFS drives/partitions. Did you miss that?

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by nightstah View Post
    I don't understand the question; unless I'm missing something OTHER than you're asking about, there's a spoiler section for WBFS drives/partitions. Did you miss that?
    Maybe I should have made my post more clear. The WBFS spoiler says to use Loadstructor, cLoader, and Wiiscrubber. FAT32/NTFS use Crap. As I stated I thought I had used Crap for my WBFS drive quite some time ago. Am I mistaken or is there some other reason why Crap isn't recommended in this guide for WBFS drives?
    Last edited by cjizzle; 05-13-2011 at 10:15 PM.

HacksDen Staff
    A.U.S.S.I.E
    Mentioned
    1 Post(s)
    it works for all ....

USEFUL LINKS........................USEFUL LINKS..........................USEFUL LINKS......................USEFUL LINKS

7. The Following User Says Thank You to Cile For This Useful Post:

HacksDen Staff
    Mentioned
    1 Post(s)
    Yup, this guide will be updated soon with loadstructor and c-loader removed. Just needed to get it posted to add all the links to the fat32 guide.

9. The Following User Says Thank You to Krank For This Useful Post:

Founding Member
    Developer
    Mentioned
    1 Post(s)
    loadstructor is able to launch the games quicker than crap, but it only works for wbfs partitions, and the loader is built right into the channel, so it takes up more space. I prefer using CRAP to build a cfg usb loader forwarder, that way if u change settings for the game in cfg usb loader, it will be loaded with the saved settings. Meaning u can easily change what cIOS the game is loaded with without having to reinstall a different forwarder channel. So if ppl are using a wbfs formatted drive, loadstructure channels load faster, but CRAP forwarders are more configurable

11. The Following User Says Thank You to XFlak For This Useful Post:

Supreme Overlord
    Administrator
    Blog Entries
    Mentioned
    14 Post(s)
    I don't understand what having a forwarder channel installed would change the way you use Crap.
    "Macs are the Perfect Computers," said the Perfect Idiot.

(\__/)
    (='.'=)This is Bunny. Copy and paste Bunny into your
    (")_(")signature to help him gain world domination.

Founding Member
    Developer
    Mentioned
    1 Post(s)
    Using CRAP u can make a game specific forwarder channel, that will look for cfg usb-loader on your SD\USB, then launch it with the game title ID as an autoboot argument, but it will also load any other settings u have saved in cfg usb-loader (ie. cheats, cIOS, etc.). This allows you to update the loader and boot options without having to reinstall the game specific forwarder channel.

So when I said "I prefer using CRAP to build a cfg usb loader forwarder", I really meant "I prefer using CRAP to build a game specific cfg usb loader forwarder". You do not need a usb-loader forwarder channel to use a CRAP forwarder channel, but it operates the same as other forwarders in the sense that the usb-loader must be saved to the SD or USB for it to launch (at least the cfg usb-loader and wiiflow CRAP forwarders).

HacksDen Staff
    Mentioned
    1 Post(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by JoostinOnline View Post
    I don't understand what having a forwarder channel installed would change the way you use Crap.

That's because you didn't bother to read the guide. But yeah it needs an update anyway, so I won't hold it against you.