Thread:
[GUIDE] Using the d2x cIOS installer

Administrator
    News Hack
    Blog Entries
    Mentioned
    5 Post(s)

[GUIDE] Using the d2x cIOS installer

This guide will contain instructions on how to use the d2x cIOS installer, to install the latest d2x cIOS final or beta release, offline instructions included. Read this guide thoroughly at least one time before attempting the modifications. Homebrew channel 1.0.7 or higher and IOS58 are required installed in your Wii, and an SD is required. I recommend that you have the latest version of the Homebrew Channel installed but not necessary, also make sure your usb loader is up to date. There are other methods of acquiring the d2x cIOS, this thread is only about using the d2x cIOS installer, please stay on topic. There are images in this guide, if you cannot see them then make an account and log in to see the images.

There is minimum danger to your Wii if you screw up installing a cIOS, that means that it is almost impossible to brick your Wii by installing a cIOS. I've not even heard of such a thing. If you have a bad install of the cIOS, the try it again.

After you follow this guide, if you are using a current up to date usb backup loader or the latest version of NeoGamma, most games will load by using IOS249, a few will use IOS250. The latest version of NeoGamma will auto select the correct IOS as long as the title ID of the game has not been altered.

d2x cIOS by davebaol
    • This is a Custom IOS, an IOS modified to add some new features not available in the official IOS.
    • This IOS has been made to be used ONLY with homebrew software.
    • The d2x cIOS is an enhanced version of the cIOSX rev21 by Waninkoko.

----------------------------------------

Prepare the SD card

Installing d2x to the Wii U - look here

Below here is instructions for the Wii, do not use the below instructions for Wii mode of the Wii U.

Get the d2x cIOS v3.1 installer HERE
    1. To install d2x cIOS, download and extract from the rar.
    2. Copy the d2x-cios-installer folder to the apps folder of your Wii SD card
    3. For Wii offline installation, you will need the following IOS wad files in the wad folder of your Wii SD card, use NUS Downloader to get the IOS wad files.
      IOS37 v5662
      IOS38 v4123
      IOS53 v5662
      IOS55 v5662
      IOS56 v5661
      IOS57 v5918
      IOS58 v6175
    4. The cIOS d2x installer 3.1 will install up to d2x v6 by default, which is not the latest final build. You will need to download the latest final build (or beta build). Download the latest build HERE. A final build is tested and has stability, a beta build is still being tested and may give undesired results, use beta builds at your own risk.
    5. Now extract the contents of the download to the d2x cIOS folder that you placed in the apps folder of your Wii SD card. Overwrite anything if you get a prompt to do so.
    6. Your SD card is now ready for you to use the d2x cIOS installer.

If you don't want to use NUS Downloader to download the wad files for offline install, JoostinOnline has posted a batch file that will do it for you, download and extract from the RAR, then double click on the BAT file. DOWNLOAD HERE, or look at Joostins post under this guide. Don't forget to thank Joostin for his hard work.

* Notes *

Make sure your USB Loader is updated to the latest version.

d2x cIOS v8 is the latest final build, install this version for stability.

d2x cIOS v9 betas would not work with my usb hdd, it contains a different EHCI module than the d2x cIOS v8.

d2x v10 beta r52 uses the same EHCI as the d2x cIOS v8 which should give good usb hdd compatibility.
    d2x v10 beta r53 alt uses the newer EHCI, but also allows the use of any of the usb ports.

d2x v10 betas with vWii in the title should only be used with the Wii mode of the Wii U, do not use with the Wii.
    d2x v10 betas without vWii in the title should not be used with the Wii mode of the Wii U, only use the the Wii.

----------------------------------------

Using the d2x cIOS installer

If you cannot see the images, you will need to log in to HacksDen.

After preparing your Wii SD card for use with the d2x cIOS installer (as mentioned above), insert the SD card into your Wii and launch the d2x cIOS installer from within the Homebrew Channel.

The first screen displayed is informational, press the "A" button to continue to the installer.

Now you can edit the settings to install d2x cIOS, use the D-pad to navigate. Up/Down to navigate, Left/Right to edit the value.

You should only have to make two installs of the d2x cIOS. IOS249 and IOS250, that should load just about every Wii game from a usb loader or NeoGamma.
    1. Select the d2x cIOS version to install, v6 is set by default, press RIGHT on the D-pad to select the version you installed to the SD card. Do not press the "A" button until I say to.
    2. Now press DOWN on the D-pad and select which base IOS to use by pressing LEFT or RIGHT on the D-pad, select 56.
    3. Now press DOWN on the D-PAD and select which IOS slot to install to by pressing LEFT or RIGHT on the D-pad, select 249.
    4. Now press DOWN on the D-pad and select cIOS revision by pressing LEFT or RIGHT, your choice here, the highest number is the best.
    5. Now press the "A" button to install the cIOS, which will be IOS 249 with a base of 56.

This will be the next screen displayed, not much to see here, press the "A" button to continue with the installation.

Now you will see the cIOS installation process, give it about a minute and the cIOS will be installed, time varies for each cIOS.

Now you will be presented with a screen that displays the status of the install, as you can see the 249 slot is green, which means the install was successful.

Now you may press the "A" button to install another cIOS, or the "B" button to exit the installer
    Press the "A" button, so you can install IOS250. Now you can edit the values again, but to install IOS250 with a base of 57.

If you need more instructions for installing IOS250, then read on:
    1. Select the d2x cIOS version to install, v6 is set by default, press RIGHT on the D-pad to select the version you installed to the SD card.
    2. Now press DOWN on the D-pad and select which base IOS to use by pressing LEFT or RIGHT on the D-pad, select 57.
    3. Now press DOWN on the D-PAD and select which IOS slot to install to by pressing LEFT or RIGHT on the D-pad, select 250.
    4. Now press DOWN on the D-pad and select cIOS revision by pressing LEFT or RIGHT, your choice here, the highest number is the best.
    5. Now press the "A" button to install the cIOS, which will be IOS 250 with a base of 57.
    6. You know what to do from here on out, when the install is complete, you are done, unless you want to install other cIOS to other slots.
    7. The "B" button will exit the installer.

You can also install IOS251 with a base of 58, it seems to be the standard as I've seen users of other websites installing that cIOS in that manor. I've not had a use for a cIOS with a base of 58 so I haven't done it yet.

THIS APPLICATION COMES WITH NO WARRANTY AT ALL, NEITHER EXPRESSED NOR IMPLIED. NO ONE BUT YOURSELF IS RESPONSIBLE FOR ANY DAMAGE TO YOUR WII CONSOLE BECAUSE OF A IMPROPER USAGE OF THIS SOFTWARE.

how to, IOS, cIOS, custom, install, installer, d2x, d2x cIOS, hack, crack, jailbreak, softmod, soft mod, copy, final, beta, wii, wii u, vWii, guide, instructions, homebrew, channel, homebrew channel, offline, nus, nusd, nus downloader, usb, usb loader, neogamma, cfg, configurable, gx, usb loader gx, wiiflow, uloader, wiimc, dop-mii, modmii, davebaol, dragbe, xflak, xabby666, waninkoko, hermes
    Last edited by stomp_442; 04-23-2017 at 11:49 AM.

2. The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to stomp_442 For This Useful Post:

Supreme Overlord
    Administrator
    Blog Entries
    Mentioned
    14 Post(s)
    Use this to download the wads with one click:
    http://www.mediafire.com/download.php?5nrr7261s617vl1
    "Macs are the Perfect Computers," said the Perfect Idiot.

(\__/)
    (='.'=)This is Bunny. Copy and paste Bunny into your
    (")_(")signature to help him gain world domination.

4. The Following User Says Thank You to JoostinOnline For This Useful Post:

Administrator
    News Hack
    Blog Entries
    Mentioned
    5 Post(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by JoostinOnline View Post
    Use this to download the wads with one click:
    http://www.mediafire.com/download.php?5nrr7261s617vl1
    Thanks for posting that joostin, makes it easier for the noobs to download the required wad files for the offline install.

Supreme Overlord
    Administrator
    Blog Entries
    Mentioned
    14 Post(s)
    You're making me blush.

(\__/)

Administrator
    News Hack
    Blog Entries
    Mentioned
    5 Post(s)
    I have added the part of installing the d2x cIOS to Wii Mode of the Wii U. It's kind of a softmod guide, I will make a more complete softmod guide at a later date, but everything is in there except making a NAND backup.
    Last edited by stomp_442; 03-31-2013 at 08:43 PM.

8. The Following User Says Thank You to stomp_442 For This Useful Post:

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Hi, I was wondering if you could help me, I tried following your guide, everything to a 'T' using the same links you provided and now USB Loader GX will not load, instead it acts like it's loading, and goes into a black recovery screen with tons of error codes and then freezes my Wii, I even tried using a base of 58 on IOS251 as well and it didn't help. I was wondering if you could explain how to reset IOS251, 250, and 249 to the way it was previously. I've tried using both d2x v6 and v8 with no luck so I'm stuck I've included a picture of the screen I'm getting in case that might help:

photo.jpg
    Last edited by Paix Wolf; 09-21-2013 at 04:38 PM.

Supreme Overlord
    Administrator
    Blog Entries
    Mentioned
    14 Post(s)
    That is a code dump. It indicates that there is a bug in the program's code, and can be used to figure out what line of code was running when the app crashed.

Are you running the latest version of GX?

(\__/)

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Well that was my problem, I thought I had the latest version, but like a twit, I didn't.

Supreme Overlord
    Administrator
    Blog Entries
    Mentioned
    14 Post(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by Paix Wolf View Post
    Well that was my problem, I thought I had the latest version, but like a twit, I didn't.
    Hehe, it happens. Does it work with the latest one?

(\__/)

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Extremely well, all the problems I was having with my backups are gone, and now I can load the games within collections properly without crashing the Wii or the Loader. Thanks a ton. And again: I was trying to find updated d2x installers and files cause I thought that was the problem and never thought, oh hey maybe my GX Loader is old.

14. The Following User Says Thank You to Paix Wolf For This Useful Post: