Page 1 of 17 12311 ... LastLast

Thread:
Yet Another BlueDump MOD

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)

Yet Another BlueDump MOD

This is a modification of BlueDump I made in the last few days, which fixes a lot of problems present in the original application. This is not the first modification I have done to BlueDump; there was a little mod I did back in 2011 in GBATemp, but I lost its source and did everything back from scratch (plus some other things that actually help in the WAD dumping process).

Besides having compatibility with USB devices, GCN controllers and full hardware access with vWii support (using the set of "KillAntiSysTitleInstall" patches from damysteryman, big thanks to him), this mod also has the following changes:

• Ability to choose if you want to fakesign the WAD ticket and/or TMD before starting the dumping process (no secondary version needed anymore).

• Console ID and ECDH data offsets are now wiped if the user chooses to fakesign the Ticket.

• Common Key Index is now set to '0x00' if its current value is '0x01' or '0x02'.

• Improvements to the name-reading functions for channel banners and savegames: now, the title description is also displayed between parentheses . The application now can also read both internal names and descriptions from DLCs (still needs to be confirmed by others, I only tried it with PWAA and Arkanoid DLCs).

• The WAD footer is now added to every dumped title. Its size is also added to the WAD header before writing it.

• The content.map file is now read into memory once for every dumping process, instead of accessing it every time the application dumps a shared content (big thanks to Dimok/giantpune for their map_entry_t* struct).

• Compatibility with content type 0x4001 (which is only present in DLCs, AFAIK). I only needed to add a new case to the switch in Wad_Dump(), nothing else.

• Before reading the internal name of a given title, it is now verified which type of title is it to use the appropiate function for its case. That way, the logfile won't be full of ISFS_Open() -106 errors when trying to read the banner.bin file for everything.

• Added a switch case function to properly output the System Menu version in the browser screen (e.g. "v513" is now displayed as "v4.3U").

• Ability to use the LEFT/RIGHT buttons in the browser screen.

• Output font replaced with another that has support for most special characters present in romance languages. I actually did this by recompiling libogc with the new font, and works OK (remember that Spanish is my first language).

• Compiled with the latest libogc, devkitPPC and libfat versions (as of August 1st, 2013: v1.8.12, r26 and v1.0.12, respectively).

You can see the full list of changes here: http://code.google.com/p/bluedump-mod/source/list.
    Attached Files Attached Files
    Last edited by PabloACZ; 12-10-2014 at 01:12 AM. Reason: Update to v1.8.

2. The Following 8 Users Say Thank You to PabloACZ For This Useful Post:

Administrator
    News Hack
    Blog Entries
    Mentioned
    6 Post(s)
    Nice, thanks for your contributions.

Improvements to the name-reading functions for channel banners and savegames: now, the title description is also displayed between parentheses . The application now can also read both internal names and descriptions from DLCs (still needs to be confirmed by others, I only tried it with PWAA and Arkanoid DLCs).
    much needed so I don't need to guess what I am dumping

Supreme Overlord
    Administrator
    Blog Entries
    Mentioned
    14 Post(s)
    Nice, thanks for sharing. I suggest you use libruntimeiospatch in place of the original patches to speed up the boot time.
    "Macs are the Perfect Computers," said the Perfect Idiot.

(\__/)
    (='.'=)This is Bunny. Copy and paste Bunny into your
    (")_(")signature to help him gain world domination.

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Sure thing, I'll add it in the next revision!

BTW, do you guys know how to encrypt data in 'chunks'? That's basically what I need to pull up another version.

Supreme Overlord
    Administrator
    Blog Entries
    Mentioned
    14 Post(s)
    Not a clue. Maybe look at the source of a similar app for whatever you are trying to do.

(\__/)

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    < snip - Go to the first post if you want to get the download >

Yep, it's done. All I had to do was to set the last 16 bytes of the previous encrypted chunk as the Initialization Vector (IV) for the next one.

Please try it out in both Wii and Wii U, and tell me what you think. The new binary is located at: http://bluedump-mod.googlecode.com/s...k/HBC/boot.dol.
    Last edited by PabloACZ; 09-08-2013 at 07:35 PM.

8. The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to PabloACZ For This Useful Post:

Administrator
    News Hack
    Blog Entries
    Mentioned
    6 Post(s)
    I tried this on my Wii, looks good. Just about everything was identified. My Wii U is being used right now but will try it when it is free.

10. The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to stomp_442 For This Useful Post:

Supreme Overlord
    Administrator
    Blog Entries
    Mentioned
    14 Post(s)
    What wasn't identified?

Sent from behind you

(\__/)

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by JoostinOnline View Post
    What wasn't identified?
    Yeah, I'd also like to know that, stomp. Every single bug report is appreciated. If you spot a particular one, you can submit it on the Issues page from the SVN repository.

When the application displays the message "Channel/Title deleted from Wii Menu? (couldn't get info)", you may want to check if there are any files in the /content directory of the selected title (just press A twice). When you remove a channel using the System Menu, all its data gets deleted, but the title directory will still be present along with the title.tmd file; that's why the application can't read its name. This doesn't happen if you use AnyTitle Deleter, because the directory actually gets removed.

I still want to add some improvements, like reading names using the 'IMET' struct from Wiibrew, and adding support for channel descriptions (they're only being read for savegames and DLCs at this moment).

Administrator
    News Hack
    Blog Entries
    Mentioned
    6 Post(s)
    I always try to remove items I have installed by using wad manager. Like you said, using the system menu to remove items leaves behind traces. I remember hearing that using wad manager to uninstall works better than using the system menu. I had a few items displayed as "Channel/Title deleted from Wii Menu? (couldn't get info)". Is there any way to get that removed from the title directory?

14. The Following User Says Thank You to stomp_442 For This Useful Post: