Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast

Thread:
Collection of Applications and Homebrews for vWii (Wii U)

Administrator
    News Hack
    Blog Entries
    Mentioned
    4 Post(s)

Collection of Applications and Homebrews for vWii (Wii U)

Since I haven't seen this posted anywhere yet, here it is, a collection of homebrew applications and the like for a softmodded vWii (virtual Wii of the Wii U). Some of this stuff will only work on a vWii, so don't be a noob. I will always be adding to the list, and maybe even organize it someday. Only use these applications if you can afford to brick your Wii U, nobody here is responsible for what what you do to your Wii/Wii U.

If you have not softmodded your vWii, look here http://wiiubrew.org/wiki/WiiMode#Exploits for an exploit to use to install the Homebrew Channel.

I am adding this because I see a lot of it going on. You people need to stop installing Wii IOS to your vWii. Install Wii IOS80 to your vWii and it will brick the vWii. The only way to do this is with a wad manager, stop installing IOS.wad files. There are installers for you to install the vWii cIOS, you don't need to use a wad manager for this. Patching a vWii IOS below IOS100 will stop your Wii U from updating. And last, don't fuck with vWii IOS80, that is the IOS that the system menu uses.

vWii d2x cIOS installer - d2x cIOS Installer Mod v2.2.zip
    vWii IOS236 installer - IOS236_Installer_MOD_v8_for_vWii_FIX94_dmm.zip
    xyzzy (allows the extraction of the OTP and SEEPROM Encryption Keys) - xyzzy_v122.rar
    FS-Toolbox (allows you to do a plain dump of your Wii/vWii NAND) - FS-Toolbox.rar
    HackMii Installer v1.2 (installs the Homebrew Channel) - hackmii_installer_v1.2.zip
    Yet Another Wad Manager Mod - English (install/uninstall wads) - YAWMM_EN.zip
    Yet Another BlueDump MOD (dump wads from Wii or vWii) - YABDM_v0.8.rar
    Convert2vWii (PC app - convert Wii forwarders to vWii format) - Convert2vWii.zip
    sysCheck - sysCheck HacksDen Edition
    CleanRip v2.0.0 (dump retail Wii game discs in Wii mode) - CleanRip-v2.0.0.zip
    vWii Forwarders (not made by me, not tested by me, but should work) - vWii forwarders

The usb loaders and media players should work in vWii mode assuming you have the compatible cIOS installed if needed. Forwarders that install on a Wii will not work with vWii, use a compatible vWii forwarder for your apps or use the HBC to launch your apps.

I'm playing it safe with my vWii, all I did was install the HBC, d2x cIOS, and IOS236. I launch my apps from the HBC. I don't play around with that other stuff just yet as I still have my Wii setup for backups and homebrew.

applications apps bootmii cios copy crack download dump hack homebrew installer ios jailbreak modify nintendo patch programs softmod tools vwii wii wii_u
    Last edited by stomp_442; 12-28-2014 at 08:00 PM.

2. The Following 7 Users Say Thank You to stomp_442 For This Useful Post:

Supreme Overlord
    Administrator
    Blog Entries
    Mentioned
    12 Post(s)
    Nice. This will definitely be helpful. I might even have a submission as soon as (Joostin speaks louder) a certain admin increases the attachment size.
    "Macs are the Perfect Computers," said the Perfect Idiot.

(\__/)
    (='.'=)This is Bunny. Copy and paste Bunny into your
    (")_(")signature to help him gain world domination.

Administrator
    News Hack
    Blog Entries
    Mentioned
    4 Post(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by JoostinOnline View Post
    Nice. This will definitely be helpful. I might even have a submission as soon as (Joostin speaks louder) a certain admin increases the attachment size.
    Have you tried to upload to the downloads section?
    Last edited by stomp_442; 06-11-2014 at 09:15 PM.

Supreme Overlord
    Administrator
    Blog Entries
    Mentioned
    12 Post(s)
    I didn't want to use the Downloads section because it means adding an extra step to downloading. I may have to if an admin doesn't make the change though.

(\__/)

Administrator
    News Hack
    Blog Entries
    Mentioned
    4 Post(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by JoostinOnline View Post
    I didn't want to use the Downloads section because it means adding an extra step to downloading. I may have to if an admin doesn't make the change though.
    One extra click of the mouse button , besides, having it posted in two locations is better than one location.

Supreme Overlord
    Administrator
    Blog Entries
    Mentioned
    12 Post(s)
    If Krafter doesn't increase the file size by tonight, I'll upload it to the Downloads section.

(\__/)

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Dang, I'm subbing to this thread, that's for sure! I'll get a USB Y-cable and I can play Wii games on my Wii U again. I have USB Loader GX installed (originally to bypass the 4:3 issues on vWii), but I'm pretty sure I don't any cIOS installed at all, which one do I need? vWii d2x cIOS installer or vWii IOS236 installer or is it both?

Given the fact that installing wads on vWii is inherently riskier, I'm not 100% sure as to what other wads I need to install to use USB Loader GX or CFG USB Loader with the proper cIOS.
    Custom Desktop:
    CPU 3rd Gen Intel Core i5 3750 3.4/3.8 GHz
    GPU MSI nVidia GTX 660 2 GB GDDR5
    RAM 8 GB DDR3 SDRAM
    OS Windows 7 Pro 64-bit
    HDD Western Digital 1 TB 7200 RPM

Wii hacks
    Homebrew Channel 1.1.0
    RetroArch Wii -0.99.1
    Dios Mios
    USB Loader GX

Supreme Overlord
    Administrator
    Blog Entries
    Mentioned
    12 Post(s)
    How about adding SysCheck HD Edition to that list? It's got much better vWii support.

(\__/)

10. The Following User Says Thank You to JoostinOnline For This Useful Post:

Administrator
    News Hack
    Blog Entries
    Mentioned
    4 Post(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by the_randomizer View Post
    Dang, I'm subbing to this thread, that's for sure! I'll get a USB Y-cable and I can play Wii games on my Wii U again. I have USB Loader GX installed (originally to bypass the 4:3 issues on vWii), but I'm pretty sure I don't any cIOS installed at all, which one do I need? vWii d2x cIOS installer or vWii IOS236 installer or is it both?

Given the fact that installing wads on vWii is inherently riskier, I'm not 100% sure as to what other wads I need to install to use USB Loader GX or CFG USB Loader with the proper cIOS.

When I softmodded my vWii, all I did was install d2x cIOS, then used the SD card from my Wii to load CFG from the homebrew channel. I only now just installed IOS236 in case I want to run some homebrew that would use it. I still haven't installed any wads yet. I really don't use my vWii for much except to test a few homebrew items.

Supreme Overlord
    Administrator
    Blog Entries
    Mentioned
    12 Post(s)
    You should still make a NAND backup, just in case you accidentally mess with an IOS.

(\__/)

13. The Following User Says Thank You to JoostinOnline For This Useful Post: