Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread:
Reggie New Super Mario Level Editor Guide for the Nintendo Wii

HacksDen Staff
    Mentioned
    1 Post(s)

Reggie New Super Mario Level Editor Guide for the Nintendo Wii

Reggie! is the first complete level editor for New Super Mario Bros Wii. You must have a softmodded Nintendo Wii to apply the custom levels you create with this guide. The tools you'll be working with are easy to use and the Reggie! editor itself boasts an attractive interface. This level editor is designed and released by Treeki and I take no credit for this work. I only hope to present a fun, easy way to utilize his amazing application.

Part I. Getting Dumped

Part II. Reggie!

Part III. Out with the New, In with the Old!

Part IV. Replacing and Reparsing!

Part V. Riivolution

Part VI. Renaming Your ISO

The End

If you appreciated this work and wish to share it at other sites POST A LINKBACK TO THIS ORIGINAL WORK. DO NOT REPOST ANY PART OF THIS GUIDE. Thanks!

OW_banner_12929.png

2011 Ithian - You may not copy this material without prior written consent.
    Last edited by JoostinOnline; 10-27-2012 at 09:27 AM.

2. The Following 5 Users Say Thank You to Ithian For This Useful Post:

Founding Member
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Great guide. Thought I'd give it a try, but reggie says "doesnt seem like a valid level."
    Any ideas? I've tried 2 different dumps, 1 through CFG loader (1:1 Copy) and 1 through wiiflow (scrubbed). I get the same error each time. Now I will try to re-download reggie to see if that works.

Edit- Here is a couple exe.logs

Spoiler

Spoiler

Last edited by stmcmurray; 05-29-2011 at 03:26 PM.

HacksDen Staff
    Mentioned
    1 Post(s)
    Make sure you've set the stage folder as your game path in the app. If it isn't building correctly there's some kind of corruption in the ARC file. Using a backup is always preferred second to the original with this, but it should still be working if the backup is solid. I'm not sure what you mean by 1 through CFG and 12 through Wiiflow. The stage dumps should be happening on your computer unless your dumping from the original, which can be done through HBC.

5. The Following User Says Thank You to Ithian For This Useful Post:

Founding Member
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Sorry for the lack of info.
    I tried reggie dumper first and it froze on "looking for sd/usb..."
    So I decided to see if I had saved the .ISO previously somewhere. I hadn't, so I figured I would convert my .wbfs file with wii game manager to .Iso
    I followed the steps to extract unencrypted partition and all went fine.
    Then I run reggie.exe and before it even opens I get "doesn't seem like a valid level" error.
    Then reggie opens and I try to set game path to stage folder and get same error.
    I tried to open level by file and title and get the same error.

What I meant with CFG and wiiflow was, I tried to redump the original disk with each loader, then convert to .ISO. I got the same eror with each dump.

Another thing it might be is an error I get with winzip about 3 files which can't be recognized, but I can still extract them if I choose "extract entire archive"

I have yet to see if those 3 files ever got extract. I'll go look now.

Edit- I just looked and those files did get extracted so I doubt thats the problem.
    Last edited by stmcmurray; 05-29-2011 at 03:25 PM.

HacksDen Staff
    Mentioned
    1 Post(s)
    That's a strange one. I did some looking around about this and it doesn't seem to be a common problem. Try extracting everything with winRAR instead of zip and see if it makes a difference. Also try downloading reddiedumper again and re-extract. Maybe winzip is corrupting it?

8. The Following User Says Thank You to Ithian For This Useful Post:

Founding Member
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    For whatever reason wiiscrubber may have not extracted correctly.
    I tried reggie dumper again this time with an sd card and it worked fine.
    Reggie dumper starts by saying "looking for sd/usb...", but apparently usb doesn't work. Sd works fine though, thanks for the help.

Founding Member
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    So, on another note.....
    I've been playing around with this, and I went to rebuild my ISO and it says its 8.75GB.
    I thought I did a step wrong, so I converted my original scrubbed .wbfs file to .ISO again and it says the same 8.75GB. How is this possible?
    I don't remember this being a dual layer game. Am I wrong? I am going to do more searching on that now.

Edit- Ooops, sorry, didn't realized I double posted. Mod, please merge.

Also heres a screenshot, notice the difference in 'size' and 'size on disk'
    Attached Images Attached Images
    Last edited by stmcmurray; 05-29-2011 at 10:55 PM.

HacksDen Staff
    Mentioned
    1 Post(s)
    Sorry this response took so long, been detained.

Quote Originally Posted by stmcmurray View Post
    So, on another note.....
    I've been playing around with this, and I went to rebuild my ISO and it says its 8.75GB.
    I thought I did a step wrong, so I converted my original scrubbed .wbfs file to .ISO again and it says the same 8.75GB. How is this possible?
    I don't remember this being a dual layer game. Am I wrong? I am going to do more searching on that now.
    Hmm when you went to rebuild the partition it sounds like you put in the folder twice somehow. Make sure you haven't crossed your names around. I remember when I first wrote that section I had a ton of folders by that point and accidentally combining them was easy to do.

Founding Member
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Well, I haven't tried to do a full redump of the .wbfs file again yet, but as I said, I thought I had done exactly what you said, so I did reconvert my original (.35MB) .wbfs file to .iso and it still said 8.75GB. Weird, I'll keep tinkering with it. I'm in no hurry to figure this out right now, but thanks for your imput Ithian.

Founding Member
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Just wondering how many of you use this. I think its great fun and my 8 yr old son has built some awesome levels. I'd get home from work and find him on the computer everyday building and editing levels. At first I had to go through and do some editing for the entrances and stuff to function right. After I showed him once, he is able to build some great levels, from overworlds to castles with bowser. Has anybody else had any fun with this?