Page 8 of 9 FirstFirst ... 6789 LastLast

Thread:
Does anybody have the new $50 Amazon tablet?

Banned
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    I've bought four one for me one for my wife. I've been using mine instead of one of my iPads as a couch tablet. I bought the other two during Black Friday sale for $34.99 each. I figured I love mine at $50 why not grab two more I own 3 iPads. I've owned the first fire,the first Fire HD and last years 6"HD. I love this version of Fire OS THE BEST. A lot easier to use. Is the quality of the tablet as good as all the devices I mentioned above? No but for $50 bucks well worth it if you are invested in Amazon echo system. I recommend being a prime member if you are going to purchase.

Administrator
    News Hack
    Blog Entries
    Mentioned
    7 Post(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by JoostinOnline View Post
    I've noticed that if doesn't play MKV files well, at least not on VLC. It has trouble decoding them, so at random times the screen will just be garbage. It has no problem with MP4 files though

Sent from behind you
    Can you install apps from the google play store, or is the Fire tablets still locked to the Amazon app store?

HacksDen Staff
    Mentioned
    12 Post(s)
    MX player will play MKV files but needs separate codes for audio but bs player plays everything mate

Sent from my nexus 7 using Tapatalk
    Need any gfx making HERE is where to ask

Supreme Overlord
    Administrator
    Blog Entries
    Mentioned
    14 Post(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by stomp_442 View Post
    Can you install apps from the google play store, or is the Fire tablets still locked to the Amazon app store?
    You just need to sideload it from your computer. It's pretty easy. There is a batch script that will do it all for you.

Sent from behind you
    "Macs are the Perfect Computers," said the Perfect Idiot.

(\__/)
    (='.'=)This is Bunny. Copy and paste Bunny into your
    (")_(")signature to help him gain world domination.

Administrator
    News Hack
    Blog Entries
    Mentioned
    7 Post(s)
    You just need to sideload it from your computer. It's pretty easy. There is a batch script that will do it all for you.

Sent from behind you
    Well you can install Kodi Android version from the play store and sideload it, that will play mkv files and just about every other video file you can think of, as long as your device can handle the resolution. If my $40 FireTV Stick can handle it then I'm sure your tablet can too, but mine does 1080p. If you do install it try changing the skin, there is one included for touch screens.
    Last edited by stomp_442; 12-31-2015 at 01:22 AM.

6. The Following User Says Thank You to stomp_442 For This Useful Post:

Supreme Overlord
    Administrator
    Blog Entries
    Mentioned
    14 Post(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by stomp_442 View Post
    Well you can install Kodi Android version from the play store and sideload it, that will play mkv files and just about every other video file you can think of, as long as your device can handle the resolution. If my $40 FireTV Stick can handle it then I'm sure your tablet can too, but mine does 1080p. If you do install it try changing the skin, there is one included for touch screens.
    BS Player is working fine for me, but if I run into any issues I'll try Kodi. Thanks for the suggestion.

In case anyone is wondering, this is how you install the Play Store. I updated the script to work with the latest update and set it to kill the adb task so you can safely disconnect the tablet afterwards. Just replace the files from the download with the ones in the attached zip.
    Attached Files Attached Files

(\__/)

Administrator
    News Hack
    Blog Entries
    Mentioned
    7 Post(s)
    BS Player is working fine for me, but if I run into any issues I'll try Kodi. Thanks for the suggestion.

In case anyone is wondering, this is how you install the Play Store. I updated the script to work with the latest update and set it to kill the adb task so you can safely disconnect the tablet afterwards. Just replace the files from the download with the ones in the attached zip.
    I've tried to sideload the play store on my Amazon Fire TV Stick, it says I cant use it on the Android version 4.2.2, any ideas? It's not a big deal because I have an app on my phone that allows me to send apps to my Fire TV Stick, I just thought it would be nice to use the TV to browse the Play Store.
    Last edited by stomp_442; 12-31-2015 at 01:58 PM.

Supreme Overlord
    Administrator
    Blog Entries
    Mentioned
    14 Post(s)
    Did you do it with adb, or did you try to install it through a file explorer?

Sent from behind you

(\__/)

Administrator
    News Hack
    Blog Entries
    Mentioned
    7 Post(s)
    Did you do it with adb, or did you try to install it through a file explorer?

Sent from behind you
    There's an app called Apps2Fire. I open it up and it lists all the apps on my phone, all I do it touch one and it sends it to my Fire TV. I forget now but I think it also lets me delete apps from the Fire TV too. It also lets me manage the SD card folder in my Fire TV. I forgot how useful it is.

Screenshot_2015-12-31-23-36-29.jpg
    Last edited by stomp_442; 01-01-2016 at 12:54 AM.

Administrator
    News Hack
    Blog Entries
    Mentioned
    7 Post(s)
    @JoostinOnline

So are you happy with your purchase? I was thinking of getting one of these for my wife. The only thing she might do with it is facebook, tell me that this tablet can do facebook.