Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast
Results 1 to 10 of 21

Thread:
$1,3000,000,000

  1. #1
    Administrator
    News Hack
    stomp_442's Avatar
    Join Date
    Mar 2011
    Location
    Southeast Michigan
    Posts
    5,871
    Thanked: 1458
    Blog Entries
    3
    Mentioned
    7 Post(s)

    $1,3000,000,000

    Can anybody guess what the size of the next Powerball Jackpot might be? That's f---ing crazy. I hate Powerball because they jacked the price a while back. You'd probably get half of that money by taking it all at once, if you took the 20 year payoff it would be $65,000,000 per year.

    What would you do with that kind of money. The first thing I would do is quit my job, and buy a new car. After that I would move to some place where nobody would find me.

  2. #2
    Supreme Overlord
    Administrator
    JoostinOnline's Avatar
    Join Date
    Mar 2011
    Location
    Behind you!
    Posts
    7,895
    Thanked: 1538
    Blog Entries
    10
    Mentioned
    14 Post(s)


    I don't ever gamble, but it's fun to think about what you'd do with the money. The first thing I would do is start a 401K and fill it up for at least half of retirement. Some of the money would go to HacksDen for contests and stuff. I'd move to Seattle for the public transportation, and probably rebrand my business with the help of a professional advertiser, as well as buy some nicer equiptment. I'd definitely buy my friends and family some gifts. I'd put the remainder in savings.

    Sent from behind you
    Last edited by JoostinOnline; 01-11-2016 at 04:15 AM.
    "Macs are the Perfect Computers," said the Perfect Idiot.

    (\__/)
    (='.'=)This is Bunny. Copy and paste Bunny into your
    (")_(")signature to help him gain world domination.

  3. #3
    Enthusiast jonathanb9595's Avatar
    Join Date
    Aug 2011
    Location
    Behind you
    Posts
    378
    Thanked: 57
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    I would go for a doctorate in something if I had that kind of money, buy top of the line pc, and then finish my 401k, rest in savings .
    Consoles: Super Famicon, N64, PS1, Gamecube, Wii, Xbox 360, PS3, N3DS, Wii U.

  4. #4
    Supreme Overlord
    Administrator
    JoostinOnline's Avatar
    Join Date
    Mar 2011
    Location
    Behind you!
    Posts
    7,895
    Thanked: 1538
    Blog Entries
    10
    Mentioned
    14 Post(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by jonathanb9595 View Post
    I would go for a doctorate in something if I had that kind of money, buy top of the line pc, and then finish my 401k, rest in savings .
    Finish your 401K? You're younger than me! You also forgot to mention all the free stuff you'd be buying your friends on HacksDen.
    "Macs are the Perfect Computers," said the Perfect Idiot.

    (\__/)
    (='.'=)This is Bunny. Copy and paste Bunny into your
    (")_(")signature to help him gain world domination.

  5. The Following User Says Thank You to JoostinOnline For This Useful Post:


  6. #5
    Founding Member
    Join Date
    Mar 2011
    Location
    Western Massachusetts USA
    Posts
    309
    Thanked: 116
    Mentioned
    1 Post(s)
    Do you guys really understand how much money that is? You can imagine a LOT bigger and still be considered frugal with that much money. You could spend millions a year for the rest of your life after taking the one time payout and taxes without even investing any of it. If you're gonna dream about getting it dream big!!


  7. The Following User Says Thank You to cornflake123 For This Useful Post:


  8. #6
    Official Girl SaidTheMuse's Avatar
    Join Date
    Nov 2011
    Posts
    132
    Thanked: 40
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    I'd start a new HacksDen, with black jack, and hookers!

  9. The Following User Says Thank You to SaidTheMuse For This Useful Post:


  10. #7
    Founding Member LiNkZoR's Avatar
    Join Date
    Mar 2011
    Location
    Middle of nowhere
    Posts
    1,209
    Thanked: 271
    Mentioned
    3 Post(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by stomp_442 View Post
    Can anybody guess what the size of the next Powerball Jackpot might be? That's f---ing crazy. I hate Powerball because they jacked the price a while back. You'd probably get half of that money by taking it all at once, if you took the 20 year payoff it would be $65,000,000 per year.

    What would you do with that kind of money. The first thing I would do is quit my job, and buy a new car. After that I would move to some place where nobody would find me.
    It's roughly half after taxes and everything, but if you invest that you could double it. You could even keep a hundred million for yourself without investing it and have over a billion in like 7-10 years. Or just invest it and use some of the interest to live. You'd be set for life either way, but a lot of people's lives go to shit after they win the lottery, the chance from getting killed by family members is increased 120x. You have to collect it discretely using a trust and not buy too much extravagant stuff.


  11. #8
    Supreme Overlord
    Administrator
    JoostinOnline's Avatar
    Join Date
    Mar 2011
    Location
    Behind you!
    Posts
    7,895
    Thanked: 1538
    Blog Entries
    10
    Mentioned
    14 Post(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by cornflake123 View Post
    Do you guys really understand how much money that is? You can imagine a LOT bigger and still be considered frugal with that much money. You could spend millions a year for the rest of your life after taking the one time payout and taxes without even investing any of it. If you're gonna dream about getting it dream big!!
    You're right, I hadn't considered it. I honestly have never once thought out what I'd do if I won the lottery, but I also have no intention of ever buying a lottery ticket.

    I would fill up that 401K, and take another trip to Japan, possibly with a friend. Turning my small business into a company would be pretty expensive though. I'd want to make most of the money an investment.

    Quote Originally Posted by SaidTheMuse View Post
    I'd start a new HacksDen, with black jack, and hookers!
    One billion HacksDen dollars (no cash value) to the first member who can identify this reference.

    I though of a name for the new HacksDen though: HaXXXden.

    Quote Originally Posted by LiNkZoR View Post
    It's roughly half after taxes and everything, but if you invest that you could double it. You could even keep a hundred million for yourself without investing it and have over a billion in like 7-10 years. Or just invest it and use some of the interest to live. You'd be set for life either way, but a lot of people's lives go to shit after they win the lottery, the chance from getting killed by family members is increased 120x. You have to collect it discretely using a trust and not buy too much extravagant stuff.
    Most of the ones who aren't killed end up filing bankruptcy too.
    "Macs are the Perfect Computers," said the Perfect Idiot.

    (\__/)
    (='.'=)This is Bunny. Copy and paste Bunny into your
    (")_(")signature to help him gain world domination.

  12. #9
    Administrator
    News Hack
    stomp_442's Avatar
    Join Date
    Mar 2011
    Location
    Southeast Michigan
    Posts
    5,871
    Thanked: 1458
    Blog Entries
    3
    Mentioned
    7 Post(s)
    @JoostinOnline

    I don't look at it a gambling, because the proceeds are suppose to go to the public schools, I more or less think of it as a donation.


  13. The Following User Says Thank You to stomp_442 For This Useful Post:


  14. #10
    Administrator
    News Hack
    stomp_442's Avatar
    Join Date
    Mar 2011
    Location
    Southeast Michigan
    Posts
    5,871
    Thanked: 1458
    Blog Entries
    3
    Mentioned
    7 Post(s)
    Somebody told me today that the jackpot is big enough to split up among all American citizens, and everybody would get about $4 million. This sounds like a really good idea.

Bookmarks

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •