Thread:
Possible to play emunand Content through vWii?

New User
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)

Question Possible to play emunand Content through vWii?

I have set up my vWii emunand and can boot into it via Sneek channel. When inside I can play my installed VC but cannot run HBC (Which we already know) and CFG USBLOADER.
    I can access my emunand via CFG and WiiFlow from my vWii but cannot launch my VC content from outside the emunand (I see the list of games but when booted they restart the vWii). Is it even possible to do this successfully? Does the vWii need a new neek2o plugin or CFG/WiiFlow version?

I can play all of my Wii/Gamecube games through CFG which is perfect, but it would be nice to play everything like on the Wii. I can boot into emunand and play the VC channels themselves, but cannot get them to boot from a loader (vWii or Emunand)

I have tried NES/SNES/N64 all seperatly on different loaders with no avail.

Hoping someone has some good news

Cheers!

Supreme Overlord
    Administrator
    Blog Entries
    Mentioned
    14 Post(s)
    I wish I could help you, but I don't think that's possible. There are several limitations on the vWii compared to the Wii.
    "Macs are the Perfect Computers," said the Perfect Idiot.

(\__/)
    (='.'=)This is Bunny. Copy and paste Bunny into your
    (")_(")signature to help him gain world domination.

New User
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    It probably has something to do with the neek2o.dol plugin as the loaders pickup the emunand and all content flawlessly. I even tried the Master Mod pack for wiiflow to no avail. If it means I have to take an extra step to play VC content then so be it. Your guide was a great help and I will keep you posted if I have any luck as I probably won't give up on it.

New User
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Successfully have Wii Flow running flawlessly on my vWii, everything (Wii, GC, Plugins, HB, Covers) EXCEPT VC/WW as that content still has to be be played through my emunand. If anyone has any questions or has made the next step further and been able to get their VC/WW content working I would be intrigued to hear from you.

Supreme Overlord
    Administrator
    Blog Entries
    Mentioned
    14 Post(s)
    Why do you have to play it through your emunand?

Sent from behind you
    "Macs are the Perfect Computers," said the Perfect Idiot.

(\__/)
    (='.'=)This is Bunny. Copy and paste Bunny into your
    (")_(")signature to help him gain world domination.

Administrator
    News Hack
    Blog Entries
    Mentioned
    5 Post(s)
    That's what I was wondering. If it's that important then just use the Wii instead of the Wii U.

New User
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    I have both a modded Wii and a WiiU. I have spent countless hours setting up my portable HDD with every gamecube/Wii/VC/Emulators. I wanted to be able to just plug and play from either console. I can only install so many wads onto my vWii nand before I run out of channels. Even when using a loader to access those VC channels they will not load. I can play the channels legitl through my system menu but that is all. I was hoping there was away around this but it seems that there is not...

Administrator
    News Hack
    Blog Entries
    Mentioned
    5 Post(s)
    Can't you get a high capacity SD card and just play the wiiware/vc from the SD card channel?

New User
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Yes that is another option that would also work, takes like 15 sec to load the channel list when it is packed full of wads. I was just hoping to have everything work off of one clean menu. CFG USBLoader looks amazing on my wii with all my combined games under one app. Was hoping for the same result with the WiiU. I'll keep playing around with things as I am determined to figured this bitch out or find a version of WiiFlow that will just magically work. End result is still amazing, the potentials of a console that can be purchased for under 50 bucks on kijiji is absolutely astounding. And with the advances in 3DS homebrew I just last week unlocked the full potential of my old 3DSXL. I don't know about you guys, but this kind of stuff makes me feel warm on the inside.