Page 6 of 6 FirstFirst ... 456
Results 51 to 60 of 60

Thread:
Nintendo Switch Discussion Thread

  1. #51
    Supreme Overlord
    Administrator
    JoostinOnline's Avatar
    Join Date
    Mar 2011
    Location
    Behind you!
    Posts
    7,700
    Thanked: 1502
    Blog Entries
    10
    Mentioned
    11 Post(s)

    That's a good summary.

    Sent from behind you
    "Macs are the Perfect Computers," said the Perfect Idiot.

    (\__/)
    (='.'=)This is Bunny. Copy and paste Bunny into your
    (")_(")signature to help him gain world domination.

  2. #52
    Administrator
    News Hack
    stomp_442's Avatar
    Join Date
    Mar 2011
    Location
    Southeast Michigan
    Posts
    5,726
    Thanked: 1427
    Blog Entries
    3
    Mentioned
    4 Post(s)
    I don't care much for the internal memory since I like physical copies, but DLC requires onboard memory so Nintendo should have more onboard memory and not leave that to the user to supply it. The resolution of the console don't bother me, 720p for the handheld should not be an issue, 1080p for the TV I would expect and Nintendo delivers. I used to play call of duty games of the Wii on my HD TV and it looked just as crappy as using a CRT screen, but I loved it for the motion controls and since Sony and Microsoft cannot deliver that experience I was stuck with crappy graphics. I've only watched as far as the 1-2 game and the the game ARMS. I'm liking where Nintendo is going with the motion controls with the game ARMS but kind of dont care for the 1-2 game.

    edit
    I finished watching the the presentation video and wasn't really impressed. Mention of 80 games being in development, sure would have been nice to see a list of those 80 games, that would also go a log way to boost sales. I don't like the $300 price tag only because Nintendo let the $250 rumor fester for too long and did nothing to correct those rumors. I'll probably be waiting for a price drop or an increase of what you get for the $300 asking price, additional games or more memory included.
    Last edited by stomp_442; 01-14-2017 at 05:15 PM.

  3. #53
    Supreme Overlord
    Administrator
    JoostinOnline's Avatar
    Join Date
    Mar 2011
    Location
    Behind you!
    Posts
    7,700
    Thanked: 1502
    Blog Entries
    10
    Mentioned
    11 Post(s)
    When adjusted for inflation, it's the third cheapest console in history. So I don't mind the price tag.

    Sent from behind you
    "Macs are the Perfect Computers," said the Perfect Idiot.

    (\__/)
    (='.'=)This is Bunny. Copy and paste Bunny into your
    (")_(")signature to help him gain world domination.

  4. #54
    Administrator
    News Hack
    stomp_442's Avatar
    Join Date
    Mar 2011
    Location
    Southeast Michigan
    Posts
    5,726
    Thanked: 1427
    Blog Entries
    3
    Mentioned
    4 Post(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by JoostinOnline View Post
    When adjusted for inflation, it's the third cheapest console in history. So I don't mind the price tag.

    Sent from behind you
    my wages haven't gotten adjusted for inflation yet, just all the stuff I buy (or don't buy).

  5. The Following User Says Thank You to stomp_442 For This Useful Post:


  6. #55
    Administrator
    News Hack
    stomp_442's Avatar
    Join Date
    Mar 2011
    Location
    Southeast Michigan
    Posts
    5,726
    Thanked: 1427
    Blog Entries
    3
    Mentioned
    4 Post(s)
    I know it wasn't announced yet but I think treyarch is getting a call of duty game ready for the Switch. I saw one of the devs post not long ago, and I haven't seen him post since about 4-5 months after Ghosts was released. If you didn't know, it was treyarch that did all the Wii and Wii U ports of call of duty games.

  7. The Following User Says Thank You to stomp_442 For This Useful Post:


  8. #56
    Supreme Overlord
    Administrator
    JoostinOnline's Avatar
    Join Date
    Mar 2011
    Location
    Behind you!
    Posts
    7,700
    Thanked: 1502
    Blog Entries
    10
    Mentioned
    11 Post(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by stomp_442 View Post
    my wages haven't gotten adjusted for inflation yet, just all the stuff I buy (or don't buy).
    Haha, fair point.
    Quote Originally Posted by stomp_442 View Post
    I know it wasn't announced yet but I think treyarch is getting a call of duty game ready for the Switch. I saw one of the devs post not long ago, and I haven't seen him post since about 4-5 months after Ghosts was released. If you didn't know, it was treyarch that did all the Wii and Wii U ports of call of duty games.
    I knew they sounded familiar.

    I have to say, I am very disappointed with their launch titles. They've got several games coming out later (even that month), but I think they should have delayed the release a month so that people could buy the console and titles at the same time. People don't want to buy a console and have a maximum of 4 games. That's fewer than any Nintendo console I know of, and the Wii U was criticized for having too few games at launch.
    "Macs are the Perfect Computers," said the Perfect Idiot.

    (\__/)
    (='.'=)This is Bunny. Copy and paste Bunny into your
    (")_(")signature to help him gain world domination.

  9. #57
    Administrator
    News Hack
    stomp_442's Avatar
    Join Date
    Mar 2011
    Location
    Southeast Michigan
    Posts
    5,726
    Thanked: 1427
    Blog Entries
    3
    Mentioned
    4 Post(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by JoostinOnline View Post
    Haha, fair point.
    I knew they sounded familiar.

    I have to say, I am very disappointed with their launch titles. They've got several games coming out later (even that month), but I think they should have delayed the release a month so that people could buy the console and titles at the same time. People don't want to buy a console and have a maximum of 4 games. That's fewer than any Nintendo console I know of, and the Wii U was criticized for having too few games at launch.
    From what I've seen and remember of activision in the past with call of duty games, BO2 was announced well before it's release probably so they could get in on the Wii U launch presentation, Ghosts I don't think was announced along side the PS/XBOX/PC release but only announced a few days before the games release. Wii Goldeneye also didn't get a release date with the other consoles but just appeared on launch day. I don't know why activision treats Nintendo fans like that, must have been a thing between activison and nintendo. Hopefully things are different now since Microsoft don't have that grip on the call of duty titles.

  10. #58
    Administrator
    News Hack
    stomp_442's Avatar
    Join Date
    Mar 2011
    Location
    Southeast Michigan
    Posts
    5,726
    Thanked: 1427
    Blog Entries
    3
    Mentioned
    4 Post(s)
    It would have been nice if they revealed something about previous controllers being compatible. I don't see why they wouldn't be compatible except for an outright money grab requiring you to purchase all new controllers.

    Something else I'm hoping for is a Switch TV, kind of what Sony did with the Vita when they released the PS TV. Not everybody wants a portable console and is content with a console that just sits next to their TV. I get the feeling that you need to have friends (that also have a switch) to take advantage of the portable on-the-go aspect of this console.
    Last edited by stomp_442; 01-15-2017 at 06:31 PM.

  11. #59
    Supreme Overlord
    Administrator
    JoostinOnline's Avatar
    Join Date
    Mar 2011
    Location
    Behind you!
    Posts
    7,700
    Thanked: 1502
    Blog Entries
    10
    Mentioned
    11 Post(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by stomp_442 View Post
    It would have been nice if they revealed something about previous controllers being compatible. I don't see why they wouldn't be compatible except for an outright money grab requiring you to purchase all new controllers.

    Something else I'm hoping for is a Switch TV, kind of what Sony did with the Vita when they released the PS TV. Not everybody wants a portable console and is content with a console that just sits next to their TV. I get the feeling that you need to have friends (that also have a switch) to take advantage of the portable on-the-go aspect of this console.
    I'm curious about the controllers too.

    I'm considering selling my Wii U, and I don't know if I should hold on to my Pro controller. I never play it anymore.
    "Macs are the Perfect Computers," said the Perfect Idiot.

    (\__/)
    (='.'=)This is Bunny. Copy and paste Bunny into your
    (")_(")signature to help him gain world domination.

  12. #60
    Administrator
    News Hack
    stomp_442's Avatar
    Join Date
    Mar 2011
    Location
    Southeast Michigan
    Posts
    5,726
    Thanked: 1427
    Blog Entries
    3
    Mentioned
    4 Post(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by JoostinOnline View Post
    I'm curious about the controllers too.

    I'm considering selling my Wii U, and I don't know if I should hold on to my Pro controller. I never play it anymore.
    I found out some info on the controller cost.
    http://www.siliconera.com/2017/01/13...joy-con-wheel/

    Nintendo Switch Pro Controller - $69.99
    1 set Joy-Con™ controllers - $79.99
    Single Joy-Con (L or R) - $49.99
    Joy-Con Charging Grip - $29.99


    Right now the way it looks to me the method to charge the Joy-Cons is to attach them to the side of the tablet and mount the tablet on the Switch base. Now what if you buy additional Joy-Cons and need to charge them? Sure, mount them on the tablet and dock it. No problems right? Not until you need to charge both sets of Joy-Cons at the same time. Good thing a charger is included with the additional Joy-Con set you bought, not. The $80 Joy-Con set does not come with a charger, but you can buy one for $30. This is fvcking stupid..

    With the tablet battery lasting 2.5 to 6 hours it's always going to need a charging. I wonder if charging only the tablet without the joycons connected will be faster, or will having the joycons connected make charging the tablet take longer?


    edit - I see that PowerA is releasing some accessories at launch, one of which is a joycon charger for $30, wtf, may as well buy the $30 Nintendo brand charger if you're going to spend $30.
    https://www.vg247.com/2017/01/13/pow...ies-at-launch/
    Last edited by stomp_442; 01-16-2017 at 10:32 PM.

Tags for this Thread

Bookmarks

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •