Thread:
Monster Energy Drinks are Poison

Administrator
    News Hack
    Blog Entries
    Mentioned
    4 Post(s)

Monster Energy Drinks are Poison

I've been drinking monster energy drinks for a number of years now. Most all the time it was the Tea/Lemonade flavor because it only had 3 grams of sugar per serving. I drank it because I liked the flavor and didn't want to drink soda. I drank at the least of one 16 ounce can to a maximum of 2 (or 3) 24 ounce cans per day.

Last October I tweeked my back. This has happened a few times in the past 10 years. I don't know what it is but sometimes I bend down, or even just sitting on the couch, I would get up and my back would be screwed up. Couple of days and it was better again, but not last October. It took until February for it to get better. I think it was the monster drinks that kept it from healing. I never would have thought, but read on.

So it was the Wednesday before Thanksgiving and I was at work and my hand felt like it was locked up, I couldn't even get my phone off the table with my left hand, good thing I got two hands so I used the good hand to get my phone. So I was thinking what could have caused that, and my conclusion was the multivitamin I had the day before, because when I got home I looked at the bottle and the vitamins had expired a year and a half ago. So I chucked them in the trash can. My hand got better the next day like nothing ever happened to it. So about a month later I bought some new multivitamins and the same thing happened, but to my other hand. So I didn't eat anymore multivitamins. I looked up side effects of multivitamins and didn't see too much that caught my eye. All of January and February I had various parts of my body feel odd for about a day but only one at a time, my hand, wrist, hip, foot, leg, and probably more too.

All this time, about four months, my back has been screwed up. It was ok at work when I was on my feet all day. The problem is when I would sit down, and I had to drive for an hour to get to work and and hour home. For the first week after thanksgiving it would take me 10 minutes to get from my truck to the shop door (about 20 feet) in the morning. An hour later and I would be fine. Some days would be better than others. After an night of sleep it was still hard for me to get out of bed, so sitting and lying down weren't very good for my condition.

Now comes the fun part. The few words I put above don't even begin to describe what I went through on a daily basis, the above is a quick outline. Since I would previously have problems only after taking a multivitamin that led me to look at the monster energy drink since I know it contains a lot of a certain vitamin, and I drink a lot of it. On a can of Monster Energy drink there is a list of vitamin contents. Monster Energy Drink contains 200% of your daily allowance of Vitamins B3, B6, B12, and that's just for a 16 oz can, a 24 oz can has 300%. And if you drink more than that then you get a whole lot of that vitamin B. My problem could have been one of the vitamins in the monster drink, or all of them but I'll pick on Vitamin B6 right now. So I googled vitamin B overdose and found that your body only needs 2mg of vitamin B6 per day. It also says that B6 overdose would be at 100mg or more. My guess is that I had more of the vitamin going in that I had going out, for at least 5 years. One side effect of B6 that caught my eye was Nerve Toxicity, which described the problems I was having. It also says that the nerve damage can be permanent, guess I'll just have to wait and see. Since I quit drinking monster about 3 weeks ago my back is better, like it was never damaged. But my hands and wrists tend to bother me for the entire day once in a while. It was about 4 days and I thought I was better in that regard, but today my left hand and wrist are out of commission. I hope this don't last long because I can't even hold a Wii Remote. I believe that Monster Energy Drinks are poison, if you have to drink them then read the can, it says right on it to only drink one can a day, don't be a dick like me and drink three or four cans a day.

Disclaimer -I drank way to many monster energy drink product for years, more than what was recommended on the can, which is to only drink one can per day. It's all my fault and not the fault of the Monster Energy Drink Company. Maybe there needs to be Surgeon General Warning on this product?
    Last edited by stomp_442; 03-11-2017 at 10:22 PM.

Supreme Overlord
    Administrator
    Blog Entries
    Mentioned
    12 Post(s)
    I've never had a Monster. My poison is Mountain Dew.
    "Macs are the Perfect Computers," said the Perfect Idiot.

(\__/)
    (='.'=)This is Bunny. Copy and paste Bunny into your
    (")_(")signature to help him gain world domination.

Administrator
    News Hack
    Blog Entries
    Mentioned
    4 Post(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by JoostinOnline View Post
    I've never had a Monster. My poison is Mountain Dew.
    I used to walk around with a bottle of Mountain Dew all the time. The good thing about Dew is if you had it for a while it didn't taste bad at room temperature. After I gave up Dew I switched to white grapefruit juice, now I can't find that stuff anywhere, if anybody knows what happened to that stuff let me know. The only place I can find that stuff in the grocery store is in the warm juice section, they don't carry it in the refrigerated section any more.

Supreme Overlord
    Administrator
    Blog Entries
    Mentioned
    12 Post(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by stomp_442 View Post
    I used to walk around with a bottle of Mountain Dew all the time. The good thing about Dew is if you had it for a while it didn't taste bad at room temperature. After I gave up Dew I switched to white grapefruit juice, now I can't find that stuff anywhere, if anybody knows what happened to that stuff let me know. The only place I can find that stuff in the grocery store is in the warm juice section, they don't carry it in the refrigerated section any more.
    It's not even on the Ocean Spray website anymore. You can buy it on Amazon, but it's a little pricey.
    "Macs are the Perfect Computers," said the Perfect Idiot.

(\__/)
    (='.'=)This is Bunny. Copy and paste Bunny into your
    (")_(")signature to help him gain world domination.

Administrator
    News Hack
    Blog Entries
    Mentioned
    4 Post(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by JoostinOnline View Post
    It's not even on the Ocean Spray website anymore. You can buy it on Amazon, but it's a little pricey.
    $50 is highway robbery for 8 bottles. I can get that type of juice for $2 and some change here where I get the rest of my food.