Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast
Results 11 to 20 of 29

Thread:
vWii, Sneek and Widescreen hacks

  1. #11
    Junior Member
    Join Date
    Nov 2017
    Posts
    12
    Thanked: 1
    Mentioned
    1 Post(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by JoostinOnline View Post
    Unplug your Wii U and try again. If it still doesn't work, use this file.

    Check your Apps folder, there should be a SNEEK folder inside of it. That was part of SD.zip.
    Looked in the Apps folder and saw it...don't know how I missed it. Tried the file and it did the same thing. Do you think enabling the hacks prior to compiling could be the problem?? I'm open to any pointers or help you might offer. Can't believe it has come this far and is hanging on the vWii like this. And I'm probably the only one this has happened to, yes?

    Thanks VERY much...MOST humbly & sincerely...Tom

  2. #12
    Junior Member
    Join Date
    Nov 2017
    Posts
    12
    Thanked: 1
    Mentioned
    1 Post(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by JoostinOnline View Post
    Unplug your Wii U and try again. If it still doesn't work, use this file.

    Check your Apps folder, there should be a SNEEK folder inside of it. That was part of SD.zip.
    I just had a thought...is it possible that my SD card is not properly formatted? I'm running FAT32 with a sector size of 32 on a 256G SD card. If I need to change that up I can. It is so large because I'm running my ROMs off of it and they are, well, big. Just a thought. I can go smaller on the SD card down to 32G and format it with any sector size necessary. I can then simply use 2 SD cards...one for SNEEK and one for the rest of the stuff I have set up now.

    Again, thank you for your time and help! MOST humbly & sincerely...Tom

    (\__/)
    (='.'=) Thought I'd help Bunny do the "Pinky and the Brain" thing and take over the world.
    (")_(")
    Last edited by TomandJonna; 11-06-2017 at 11:51 PM.

  3. #13
    Supreme Overlord
    Administrator
    JoostinOnline's Avatar
    Join Date
    Mar 2011
    Location
    Behind you!
    Posts
    7,839
    Thanked: 1524
    Blog Entries
    10
    Mentioned
    14 Post(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by TomandJonna View Post
    Looked in the Apps folder and saw it...don't know how I missed it. Tried the file and it did the same thing. Do you think enabling the hacks prior to compiling could be the problem?? I'm open to any pointers or help you might offer. Can't believe it has come this far and is hanging on the vWii like this. And I'm probably the only one this has happened to, yes?

    Thanks VERY much...MOST humbly & sincerely...Tom
    Quote Originally Posted by TomandJonna View Post
    I just had a thought...is it possible that my SD card is not properly formatted? I'm running FAT32 with a sector size of 32 on a 256G SD card. If I need to change that up I can. It is so large because I'm running my ROMs off of it and they are, well, big. Just a thought. I can go smaller on the SD card down to 32G and format it with any sector size necessary. I can then simply use 2 SD cards...one for SNEEK and one for the rest of the stuff I have set up now.

    Again, thank you for your time and help! MOST humbly & sincerely...Tom

    (\__/)
    (='.'=) Thought I'd help Bunny do the "Pinky and the Brain" thing and take over the world.
    (")_(")
    Well the hacks simply won't work, but I don't think enabling them would cause a problem either. Did you definitely dump the NAND through the method I listed in my guide?
    "Macs are the Perfect Computers," said the Perfect Idiot.

    (\__/)
    (='.'=)This is Bunny. Copy and paste Bunny into your
    (")_(")signature to help him gain world domination.

  4. #14
    Junior Member
    Join Date
    Nov 2017
    Posts
    12
    Thanked: 1
    Mentioned
    1 Post(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by JoostinOnline View Post
    Well the hacks simply won't work, but I don't think enabling them would cause a problem either. Did you definitely dump the NAND through the method I listed in my guide?
    Yup...I followed that guide to the letter and dumped the NAND. Even found the file listed without any problems at all, then copied and renamed it as you said, then edited the one file with the hacks and then compiled. I may have missed recalling something as I don't have the guide in front of me at the moment, but I followed everything to the letter and had no issues at all.

    I know I've mentioned this already, but in all my reading I've read that if the SD card isn't formatted just right, depending on what it is running, the WiiU can be, well, a bit picky and not work just right. Do you think this could be a contributing factor? What sector size are you using with your FAT32 formatted card?

    I didn't understand all of the stuff that the command shell window spouted off, but I did review them just for continuity and didn't find any evident errors. I hope there is something we can do as if I understand you correctly there is no other way to do a EMUNAND on the vWii, right?

    While I wait on your reply I'll try dumping the NAND again and recompiling again to see if something doesn't just happen right (wishful thinking).

    FYI...Redumped NAND, recompiled, and same result.

    Again, thank you so very much for your time and effort in helping me with this...MOST humbly & sincerely...Tom

    (\__/)
    (='.'=) Thought I'd help Bunny do the "Pinky and the Brain" thing and take over the world.
    (")_(")
    Last edited by TomandJonna; 11-07-2017 at 01:05 PM.

  5. #15
    Supreme Overlord
    Administrator
    JoostinOnline's Avatar
    Join Date
    Mar 2011
    Location
    Behind you!
    Posts
    7,839
    Thanked: 1524
    Blog Entries
    10
    Mentioned
    14 Post(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by TomandJonna View Post
    *snip*
    Here is the guide: http://www.hacksden.com/showthread.p...rsion-of-SNEEK
    Your SD card is formatted correctly. Try disabling the hacks and see if it works. I'd also like to see the full compile output. Open command prompt in the "sneek-read-only" directory using the same method from "Downloading SNEEK". Type "build_boot2.cmd >> output.txt" and press Enter. It will go through the whole compile process (it might not show any output). You'll know it's done when you can type in the command window again. Open output.txt, copy the contents to pastebin.com, and post the link.

    Please also upload a screenshot of the contents of your SD card root directory.

    Sent from Behind You
    "Macs are the Perfect Computers," said the Perfect Idiot.

    (\__/)
    (='.'=)This is Bunny. Copy and paste Bunny into your
    (")_(")signature to help him gain world domination.

  6. #16
    Junior Member
    Join Date
    Nov 2017
    Posts
    12
    Thanked: 1
    Mentioned
    1 Post(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by JoostinOnline View Post
    Here is the guide: http://www.hacksden.com/showthread.p...rsion-of-SNEEK
    Your SD card is formatted correctly. Try disabling the hacks and see if it works. I'd also like to see the full compile output. Open command prompt in the "sneek-read-only" directory using the same method from "Downloading SNEEK". Type "build_boot2.cmd >> output.txt" and press Enter. It will go through the whole compile process (it might not show any output). You'll know it's done when you can type in the command window again. Open output.txt, copy the contents to pastebin.com, and post the link.

    Please also upload a screenshot of the contents of your SD card root directory.

    Sent from Behind You
    The link to the compilation output is http://pastebin.com/qhBwFhcL

    Didn't know how detailed you wanted my SD card contents, plus it woudn't let me insert a picture for some reason, and the directory tree is too much for pastebin.com, so typed it below. Many of the folders are empty and some may be missing I suspect because SNEEK never really loaded:

    apps\
    haxchi\
    import\
    install\
    meta\
    retroarch\
    ROMS\
    shared1\
    shared2\
    SNEEK\
    sys\
    ticket\
    tmp\
    wiiflow\ -- don't use wf, use USB Loader GX...just haven't deleted this yet.
    wiiu\
    boot.elf
    fw.img
    installer.log
    nincfg.bin
    wuphaxbackup.app

    I cleared all patches and tried again and it still hung.

    Thanks so much for your help...I'll be waiting for your next thoughts as you have time...MOST humbly & sincerely...Tom
    Last edited by TomandJonna; 11-08-2017 at 08:26 AM.

  7. #17
    Supreme Overlord
    Administrator
    JoostinOnline's Avatar
    Join Date
    Mar 2011
    Location
    Behind you!
    Posts
    7,839
    Thanked: 1524
    Blog Entries
    10
    Mentioned
    14 Post(s)
    What files are in SD:\SNEEK?
    "Macs are the Perfect Computers," said the Perfect Idiot.

    (\__/)
    (='.'=)This is Bunny. Copy and paste Bunny into your
    (")_(")signature to help him gain world domination.

  8. #18
    Junior Member
    Join Date
    Nov 2017
    Posts
    12
    Thanked: 1
    Mentioned
    1 Post(s)
    Font.bin
    Kernel.bin

  9. #19
    Supreme Overlord
    Administrator
    JoostinOnline's Avatar
    Join Date
    Mar 2011
    Location
    Behind you!
    Posts
    7,839
    Thanked: 1524
    Blog Entries
    10
    Mentioned
    14 Post(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by TomandJonna View Post
    Font.bin
    Kernel.bin
    And replacing kernel.bin with the kernel_sd.bin file I gave you didn't work?
    "Macs are the Perfect Computers," said the Perfect Idiot.

    (\__/)
    (='.'=)This is Bunny. Copy and paste Bunny into your
    (")_(")signature to help him gain world domination.

  10. #20
    Junior Member
    Join Date
    Nov 2017
    Posts
    12
    Thanked: 1
    Mentioned
    1 Post(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by JoostinOnline View Post
    And replacing kernel.bin with the kernel_sd.bin file I gave you didn't work?
    Nope...hung just like each of the 3 different ones I compiled did.
    Last edited by TomandJonna; 11-10-2017 at 07:08 PM.

Bookmarks

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •