Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread:
Apps wont show up on HBC

New User
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)

Apps wont show up on HBC

I have many apps installed for the HBC but none of them show up. It just shows the blue screen with bubbles floating in the background. What can I do to fix this?

Supreme Overlord
    Administrator
    Blog Entries
    Mentioned
    12 Post(s)
    1. Are they on your SD card or USB?
    2. Are the app folders in the /apps/ directory?
    "Macs are the Perfect Computers," said the Perfect Idiot.

(\__/)
    (='.'=)This is Bunny. Copy and paste Bunny into your
    (")_(")signature to help him gain world domination.

New User
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    They are on USB, and on the root of the USB, the applications are in the apps folder. The HBC has 4 options, the option chosen is USB but again, nothing shows up. I have tried switching between the 2 options (SD and USB) but none have been proven fruitful. If this makes any difference, the drive is a type D:. I have heard something about formatting it into fat32 but 1. I'm not sure how to do that on this particular drive and 2. I don't want to brick my Wii so I haven't messed with practically anything.

Thanks

Supreme Overlord
    Administrator
    Blog Entries
    Mentioned
    12 Post(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by thexsillyxzone View Post
    They are on USB, and on the root of the USB, the applications are in the apps folder. The HBC has 4 options, the option chosen is USB but again, nothing shows up. I have tried switching between the 2 options (SD and USB) but none have been proven fruitful. If this makes any difference, the drive is a type D:. I have heard something about formatting it into fat32 but 1. I'm not sure how to do that on this particular drive and 2. I don't want to brick my Wii so I haven't messed with practically anything.

Thanks
    That's your problem It's probably formatted as NTFS. The HBC can only boot from FAT32. I made a gif to show you how to partition your HDD with EaseUS Partition Master Free.
    http://imgur.com/a/D00ah

Step 2 will take quite awhile. It doesn't have to be exactly 2048MB, but get it around 2000 so you have 2GB for apps and stuff. Make sure you partition your external drive, not another one.

(\__/)

New User
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Couple of questions. 1. If somehow I mess up, will this brick my system and if so should I create a backup of the drive beforehand 2. On step 2 you said it doesn't have to be exactly 2048MB but around 2000, the drive I use is a TB so would I have to set that to a higher or lower number than originally stated?

Supreme Overlord
    Administrator
    Blog Entries
    Mentioned
    12 Post(s)
    Couple of questions. 1. If somehow I mess up, will this brick my system and if so should I create a backup of the drive beforehand 2. On step 2 you said it doesn't have to be exactly 2048MB but around 2000, the drive I use is a TB so would I have to set that to a higher or lower number than originally stated?
    No, it won't mess with your system. If you want to make a backup of your files though, that's fine. As long as you follow the instructions and apply the settings like I show in the gif, everything should be fine. 2GB is plenty. If you want, you can make it bigger (probably not more than 32GB though).

I should specify that the settings in step 2 won't take long, it's just when you hit Apply at the end, the process of moving the data will take quite awhile. I don't know how much you have on the drive, but expect it to take an hour more more.

(\__/)

New User
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    HELP! I followed the steps correctly and it is now formatted to FAT32 but all of the data, folders, etc. are completely gone. How do I get all of that data back?

Supreme Overlord
    Administrator
    Blog Entries
    Mentioned
    12 Post(s)
    HELP! I followed the steps correctly and it is now formatted to FAT32 but all of the data, folders, etc. are completely gone. How do I get all of that data back?
    You should have two drives now. One is the empty Wii one, and the other has your old files.

(\__/)

New User
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    It doesn't show 2 drives on the EaseUS it just shows the empty D: drive formatted in FAT32. EDIT: I used EaseUS to restore everything and by the looks of things, it did because it recovered deleted files from years ago (mostly purposely deleted WBFS files) the catch is that it charges you to buy the full version to actually recover them (about $70). Also, if this makes any difference at all, the drive was formatted to FAT32 before I even reformatted it but decided that trying it again wouldn't hurt. I guess I was wrong...

Sorry if I sound mean or obnoxious but it is just really stressful when you lose files that can potentially brick your Wii :/
    Last edited by thexsillyxzone; 08-12-2017 at 04:40 AM.

Supreme Overlord
    Administrator
    Blog Entries
    Mentioned
    12 Post(s)
    It doesn't show 2 drives on the EaseUS it just shows the empty D: drive formatted in FAT32. EDIT: I used EaseUS to restore everything and by the looks of things, it did because it recovered deleted files from years ago (mostly purposely deleted WBFS files) the catch is that it charges you to buy the full version to actually recover them (about $70). Also, if this makes any difference at all, the drive was formatted to FAT32 before I even reformatted it but decided that trying it again wouldn't hurt. I guess I was wrong...

Sorry if I sound mean or obnoxious but it is just really stressful when you lose files that can potentially brick your Wii :/
    Can you take a screenshot of what EaseUS looks like?

(\__/)