Thread:
Huawei mediapad m5

HacksDen Staff
    Mentioned
    12 Post(s)

Huawei mediapad m5

Well guys my old shield K1 was getting old so I got me an upgrade, I chose the mediapad m5 10 because the screen is huge and the specs are great and can honestly say it is an absolutely great tablet and was only around 330 which is a bargain. The only thing that bothers me is there is no headphone jack but it's not too bad because it comes with a connector. But if anyone is thinking of getting a new tablet this a great choice

Sent from my CMR-W09 using Tapatalk
    Need any gfx making HERE is where to ask

2. The Following User Says Thank You to RobGee789 For This Useful Post:

Supreme Overlord
    Administrator
    Blog Entries
    Mentioned
    14 Post(s)
    I hope USB for audio doesn't become the norm any time soon.
    "Macs are the Perfect Computers," said the Perfect Idiot.

(\__/)
    (='.'=)This is Bunny. Copy and paste Bunny into your
    (")_(")signature to help him gain world domination.

HacksDen Staff
    Mentioned
    12 Post(s)
    It is sadly becoming more popular for some reason, on a phone they use the excuse of saving space but you can't use that on a tablet but still it's only a minor inconvenience on a tablet but it would be a pain on my phone lol

Administrator
    News Hack
    Blog Entries
    Mentioned
    6 Post(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by RobGee789 View Post
    Well guys my old shield K1 was getting old so I got me an upgrade, I chose the mediapad m5 10 because the screen is huge and the specs are great and can honestly say it is an absolutely great tablet and was only around 330 which is a bargain. The only thing that bothers me is there is no headphone jack but it's not too bad because it comes with a connector. But if anyone is thinking of getting a new tablet this a great choice

No earphone jack, it's stupid crap like that that keep me from buying stuff. Like an sd card slot on a phone. I make sure the stuff I buy has all the features I'm looking for or I don't buy it.

HacksDen Staff
    Mentioned
    12 Post(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by stomp_442 View Post
    No earphone jack, it's stupid crap like that that keep me from buying stuff. Like an sd card slot on a phone. I make sure the stuff I buy has all the features I'm looking for or I don't buy it.
    I know what you mean but everything else is awesome on this tablet so it's a comprise I was willing to make this time

Administrator
    News Hack
    Blog Entries
    Mentioned
    6 Post(s)
    I know what you mean but everything else is awesome on this tablet so it's a comprise I was willing to make this time

I know, I was looking at tablets a few months ago and it just don't seem like they get the tech update like phones get. All of the samsung tablets looked like they were four years old. So the tablet you bought looks good compared to the samsung tablets. I looked up your tablet @ 10.8 inchs, 32GB, wifi only and it looked like it was over $400 US, which is a bit steep for me, but I only looked at one website which looked like was in Europe somewhere. I looked at the bestbuy website and they don't even sell Huawei tablets, so this brand might not be popular in the US.
    Last edited by stomp_442; 04-29-2018 at 10:03 AM.

HacksDen Staff
    Mentioned
    12 Post(s)
    There is an 8 inch version too but yeah it's a bit expensive but not compared to the year old best Samsung has to offer lol, but if you want a big cheaper option then have a look at the lenovo tab 4 10 plus

Administrator
    News Hack
    Blog Entries
    Mentioned
    6 Post(s)
    There is an 8 inch version too but yeah it's a bit expensive but not compared to the year old best Samsung has to offer lol, but if you want a big cheaper option then have a look at the lenovo tab 4 10 plus

How is the support from Lenovo and Huawei? I ask because Samsung don't support their products for very long and for the money I paid I feel it should have had more support. I bought a Samsung s5 with android 5 and it got an update for android 6 and that was it. I could root and install a custom rom that brings me to android 7 (how do security updates work with custom roms) but wish samsung would have just released an update to android 7. I already see stuff in the play store that is being geared towards android 8 users, so it looks like any new purchases should include Android 8 or the promise of being updated to android 8.
    Last edited by stomp_442; 04-29-2018 at 11:42 AM.

HacksDen Staff
    Mentioned
    12 Post(s)
    Custom rom get pretty good security patches in general. If you go for official custom roms you will get better patches but not sure if the lenovo tablet will get oreo but it should get some custom roms because its quite popular

11. The Following User Says Thank You to RobGee789 For This Useful Post: